English-based Undergraduate Program AO Admission for entrance in September
Time of Enrollment
Number of Students to be admitted
|School of Fundamental Science and Engineering
|School of Creative Science and Engineering
|School of Advanced Science and Engineering
You have completed or are scheduled to complete a 12-year education curriculum outside Japan by September 20, 2019.
*For details of the applicant qualifications, please refer to the Application Guideline.
Document screening and interview
|Online application period
||October 12 – October 25, 2018
||February 8 – February 26, 2019
||October 12 – October 25, 2018
||February 8 – February 26, 2019
|Document review result announced
||December 14, 2018
||April 19, 2019
|Interview screening (Local Time)
||January 12, 13, 19 or 20, 2019
||May 11, 12, 18 or 19, 2019
||January 28, 2019
||May 27, 2019
*There are two application periods. You may only submit an application for admission once per academic year. Please choose one of the two periods.
Required Application Documents for Admission
- Application Form
Please prepare and print out the form via the Waseda Online Admissions Application (See below)
- Reason for application
- Certificate of graduation or Certificate of expected graduation of the senior high school
- Academic transcript (from all high schools you have attended)
- Certificate of results of university entrance qualification examinations and other standardized tests;
SAT, ACT, IB, GCE, GAOKAO, CSAT, GSAT, etc.
- English proficiency test score; TOEFL-iBT, TOEIC(L&R), IELTS
- Letter of Recommendation
*For more details of application documents and application procedures, please be sure to refer to the Application Guidelines.
Waseda Online Admissions Application
To apply, please create a Waseda Online Admissions Application account first, and prepare the Application Form. Then print out the Application Form and submit it with other application documents (see the Application Guide for details) together by post. The application procedure is considered complete when all of the application documents are received by the International Admissions Office via post during the application period.
Please register the online application system from the following website.
A global-standard, high-quality curriculum at Waseda University
Placing globalization as an issue of highest quality, Waseda University seeks to train students to become citizens who can immerse themselves into intercultural societies around the world to solve various problems that exist in those local areas, and contribute not only to those areas and Japan but also to the human society as a whole.
To succeed in this endeavor, beginning in September 2010, the Waseda University School of Fundamental Science and Engineering, School Creative Science and Engineering, and School of Advanced Science and Engineering will each establish international programs that allow students to earn degrees through programs conducted entirely in the English language, recruiting outstanding students from all over the world.
- Please make sure to confirm the chart below and in the guideline carefully, and submit us the score report from one of them.If your education system is not listed, please inquire at the International Admissions Office, Waseda University prior to submitting your application.
- Documents to be submitted should be written in English or Japanese. For documents in other languages, attach a Japanese or English translation notarized by an embassy or another appropriate office.
- You need to take the tests of all subjects listed below .If you have not taken all of the exam subjects specified, please take the missing exam subjects in a standardized test such as the SAT (Subjects Tests) and submit the scores. If you cannot do so, write a “Statement on Missing Subjects” (format designated) stating the fact. If you have taken biology as a subject in your standardized test or university entrance qualification examination, please submit the result.
- If you are a high school (secondary school) student at the time of application, and if you cannot submit the results of your country’s university entrance qualification examination or another standardized test (during the application period) due to the timing of graduation, please act as follows. If you cannot submit the result of the follwoinf standardized test by the last day of the application period, submit a “Statement on Certificate of University Entrance Qualification Examination / Standardized Tests” (format designated).
• Gaokao [National College Entrance Examination] (China)
• UAN[Ujian Akhir Nasional] (Indonesia)
• O-Net[Ordinary National Educational Testing] (Thailand)
• UEE[University Entrance Examination] (Vietnam)
• Baccalaureate (France)
If you cannot submit the result of the following standardized tests by the last day of the application period, submit “predicted score”.
• International Baccalaureate (IB)
Below is the list of Education Curriculum by countries. For other than the tests listed below, submit the score of SAT or ACT. For details and SAT/ACT, please refer to “USA” in the List of Application Documents by Education System.
Please confirm more details in the Application Guidelines.
||Gaokao (National College Entrance Examination)
||CSAT (College Scholastic Ability Test)
||GSAT (General Scholastic Ability Test)
||UN (Ujian Nasional)
||O-NET (Ordinary National Educational Testing), GAT and PAT
||UEE (University Entrance Examination), National High School Examination
||STPM (Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia), A-level, UEC (MICSS United Examination Certificate)
||AISSCE (The All-India Senior School Certificate Examination), ISCE (Indian School Certificate), HSC (Higher Secondary School Certificate)
||EJU (School of Advanced Science and Engineering Only)
Application Guidelines and its Outline
*The Examination for International Program School/Department Transfer is designed for students that are enrolled in IPSE (the International Program in Science and Engineering) and wish to transfer to a different school/department within IPSE.
*Students are able to choose a school/department that participates in IPSE. Students are not allowed to transfer to a school/department that does not participate in IPSE.
《Examination for International Program School/Department Transfer for 2nd year students》
This examination is designed for 1st year students to transfer into a different school/department in the beginning of their 2nd year.
《International Program Department Transfer for 3rd year students》
This examination is designed for 2nd year students in the School of Fundamental Science and Engineering to transfer their department to another department within the School of Fundamental Science and Engineering. Students in the School of Creative Science and Engineering/School of Advanced Science and Engineering are not allowed to take this examination.