We are recruiting exchange students who participate in the intensive courses to be held at UCLA Anderson School of Management in August 2017.
◆Course Period: August 21 (Mon) – 25 (Fri)
◆Course Title (Instructor): See the list below. You will be able to take up to 2 courses*.
*Subject to change according to the class capacity.
|AUGUST BLOCK, August 21-25, 2017 (All courses are 2 units)|
|Business Law for Managers & Entrepreneurs (E)
Jane Guerin (Mgmt. 478-2)
|Government & Business Success in the US
Michael Darby (Mgmt. 478-27)
|Patterns of Problem Solving
Iris Firstenberg (Mgmt. 478-29)
|Mergers & Acquisitions (F)
George Geis (Mgmt. 478-7)
|Business Strategy in Emerging Markets (GM)
Mariko Sakakibara (Mgmt. 478-5)
|Deals: Strategy and Structure (E, F) (no class W)
Jason Lee (Mgmt. 478-19)
Degree-seeking MBA students who meet the following requirements are eligible to apply.
– To be completed 1st year of WBS at the time of departure.
– To be enrolled in WBS in spring semester 2017. (Students who take spring semester off cannot
apply for the program.)
– To have more than 5 year work experience.
– To have a good command of English. Applicants should meet UCLA requirements for graduate exchange. For details, please click here.
※Submission of TOEFL or IELTS test score is mandatory.
※If more than expected students are interested in applying for the program, we will give lower priority to those who have experienced WBS study abroad program.
◆Number to be admitted: A few students
Application for credit transfer should be done by students. After reviewing the application, it will be determined if the credits are transferred.
– Graduating students of September 2017 cannot apply for credit transfer.
– 2 units course at UCLA will be transferred at WBS as 1 credit course.
– Program fee at UCLA is exempted provided you have paid tuition fee for spring semester at Waseda University.
– Fees for air ticket, accommodation, food & drink and travel insurance are paid by students.
– A visa processing fee of $340 as well as a document fee (approx. $50) for the transcript will be charged to participants.
– Before application, please read ‘Visa & Enrollment Protocol for Partner School’ carefully.
– There is no scholarship for joining this program.
– Accommodation and air ticket will be arranged by each student.
– Designated travel insurance at Waseda discount rate must be purchased. (Agent: Campus Insurance Center, Inc.) **(FYR) Insurance fee for 6 days: 5,180yen
◆How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents during the specified application period. (E-mail attachment is acceptable.)
①Designated Application form in English. Please choose courses you would like to take (up to 4).
※If it is difficult to obtain a signature from your zemi/project advisor, you may turn in a printed-out paper of e-mail that shows an approval by the advisor.
②Resume (CV) written in English (Free format)
③Motivation of applying for the program (A4, approx. 400 words in English)
④Copy of official score report of English proficiency test (TOEFL or IELTS)
⑤Personal Data, Responsibility and Indemnity Form (designated by UCLA)
⑥Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk, and Indemnity Agreement (designated by UCLA)
⑦Consent form to participate in GSC/WBS overseas program
※Application without the ‘Consent Form to Participate in GSC/WBS Study Abroad Program’ cannot be accepted. Though email attachment will be acceptable, the original one should be submitted later.
◆Application Period: Application must reach us no later than 9:00am, March 31(Fri), 2017
◆Screening : Based on the application documents above
◆Results of Application: April 13 (Thu)
◆Contact: International Team, Waseda Business School Office (email@example.com)