Prof. Saito joined the faculty of WASEDA Business School in 2019. Prior to joining the faculty, Prof. Saito worked for Hitachi Software Engineering Co., Ltd. (current Hitachi Solutions, Ltd.), Geoworks, Ltd., Graduate School of Media and Governance, Keio University, BlockchainHub Inc. (continued), and so on.
Having been studying digital currencies and blockchain since their earliest stages, Prof. Saito has been pursuing the future forms of economics that may include decentralized finance.
- Ph.D. in Media and Governance, Keio University 2006
- M.Eng in Computer Science, Cornell University 1993
- BA. in Indian Philosophy, Toyo University 1988
- Kenji Saito and Mitsuru Iwamura, “How to make a digital currency on a blockchain stable”, Future Generation Computer Systems, Volume 100, 2019, pp.58-69
- Mitsuru Iwamura, Yukinobu Kitamura, Tsutomu Matsumoto and Kenji Saito, “Can We Stabilize the Price of a Cryptocurrency?: Understanding the Design of Bitcoin and Its Potential to Compete with Central Bank Money”, Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics, Vol.60 No.1, 2019
- Kenji Saito, Shinji Hatta, Toshiya Hanada, “Digital Currency Design for Sustainable Active Debris Removal in Space”, IEEE Transactions on Computational Social Systems, Volume: 6, Issue: 1, February 2019, pp.127-134
- Kenji Saito, “TEPCO Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Disaster and Social Media: A Chronological Overview,” International Review of Information Ethics Vol. 18, December 2012, pp.30–39
- Kenji Saito and Eiichi Morino, “Brighter Side of Risks in Peer-to-Peer Barter Relationships,” Future Generation Computer Systems, Volume 26, Issue 8, October 2010, pp.1300–1316
- (Joint authorship) InternetHistory.asia, “Asia Internet History Projects – Fourth Decade (2010s)”, 2021
- Section 2.3 Blockchain by Kenji Saito, pp.67-85
- Kenji Saito,“NEO in Wonderland”, available at http://grsj.jp/neo.pdf
- Kenji Saito, “Proof of Authenticity of Logistics Information with Passive RFID Tags and Blockchain”, 2021 VLSI-TSA Symposium, April 2021
Courses in charge
FinTech – Financial Innovation and the Internet (English / Japanese)
Managing Nonprofits (2019 Fall only)
Blockchain and Decentralized Finance (seminar)
Prof. Saito is also a Senior Researcher at Keio Research Institute at SFC, Keio University, Visiting Researcher at Center for Global Communications, International University of Japan, Researcher at FinTech Study Group, SBI Research Institute for Finance and Economics, Chief Science Officer of BlockchainHub Inc., Vice Representative Director of Distributed Autonomous Society Forum, Representative Director of Beyond Blockchain, and Representative Director of Academy Camp.