- What is in the library? What can I do there?
- How do I collect materials for my essays and theses?
- Is it true that I can use newspapers databases?
- I want to take full advantage of the databases in the area of my specialty!
We are holding various workshops, lectures, and events to meet the students’ needs like these. Let’s utilize the rich library resources of Waseda!
The Central Library Self-Guided Tour
In this tour, participants walk around the Central Library, collect the 10 stamps, and answer 10 quizzes. Let’s take a look at interesting places such as the stacks in the basements and the Bound Periodical Collections area.
- If you wish to participate to this tour, please come to the Reference Desk on the 2nd floor of the Central Library. Opening hour of the Reference Desk is from 9AM to 7PM on Monday through Friday.
The Central Library Virtual Tour (in Japanese only)
The video lectures about the facilities of Waseda Library and how to use them are available online.
The Lectures Held by the Library
Waseda Library holds lectures about how to utilize the library materials. Topics such as collecting materials for essays and theses, information gathering for job hunting, how to use specialty databases, and more are covered by librarians and professional lecturers.
Library Workshop Series
Library Workshop Series are the small-group workshops held by librarians.
Other lectures such as the lectures for the students on job hunting and the lectures for the graduate students are also held.
Library Week takes place twice a year, in spring and in autumn, to welcome new students and to stimulate the intellectual curiosity of everybody at Waseda. During the week, various events such as concerts, lectures, and exhibitions are held.
The schedule will be announced on the NEWS on the top page of the library’s website, the library’s twitter, and the library’s facebook.