For Waseda users only
It is possible to submit requests for various library services online.
Please confirm the following procedures before sending a request.
The following services are available through WINE.
Sign in to WINE
For current Waseda University members like students and faculties, please log in to WINE for the following functions.
- Contents for current Waseda University member only are included in the search results and viewable.
- Saving search results in “My Favorites”.
- Checking your borrowing/requesting items. You can renew your borrowing items in “My Library”.
- Requesting items for borrowing or picking up, at the search result pages.
＞Sign in to WINE
In “My Library”, you can check the books you are borrowing and books in reservation. Also you can renew your loan period.
Request Library Materials
- You may place hold requests on items that are not currently available, such as items On Loan, In Transit, On Hold Shelf, or In Process.
- You may request an item that is only available at distant campuses to pick up at your campus, even if the item is listed as Item in place /Loanable.
＞Request Library Materials
This service is available to Waseda University Student, Full-time Faculty and Staff, Part-time Lecturer and those who can access to the Form. For those who are not applicable for the status above, please ask to the reference desk.
- Online References
Reference service is available to assist with finding all types of information and research needs.
- Letter of Introduction
In case that books and other materials are not owned by Waseda University Library, users can visit other university libraries or research institute libraries with a letter of introduction. Eligible user can request it.
＞Using non-Waseda Libraries
- Interlibrary Loans (ILL)
Requests can be submitted for books and materials, as well as copies of journals from Waseda Libraries and non-Waseda libraries.
- Purchase Requests
Waseda University Library accepts requests to purchase books not available at Waseda University Libraries.
How to Request
1．Please log in to MyWaseda.
2．Please click “Research (or Tasks)” on the top of the screen and “Library online request” on the right side.
3．After clicking “Library Online Request”, application form is shown. Please select your status at Waseda University from pull-down menu. For students, your grade is required. Please select the service you need in the pull-down menu of “Select your inquiry”, and go “Next”.
4．After reading a notice for filling out the form, please follow instructions and select menus.