Off-Campus Access service allows you to connect to the Waseda licensed databases, e-journals, and e-books remotely from home or while traveling.
Terms and Conditions for Use of Licensed Electronic Resources
- Copyrights for databases and electronic journals belong to the authors or service providers. These rights are protected under the copyright laws and international agreements.
- Databases and electronic journals are restricted for use by Waseda University students, faculty and staff only, unless otherwise noted.
- You must keep the terms and conditions of each service. Be sure to check the “Terms and Conditions” or “User Agreement.”
- You can download or print out the contents for the purpose of your own investigation or research, and to the extent necessary to your use, unless otherwise stipulated.
- Users are strictly prohibited to download data through automatic programming, etc. Moreover, downloading a large volume of data in short period of time by hand and/or systematic downloading of specified journals may also be considered as ‘inappropriate.’
- You must not reproduce, distribute or alter the contents without the provider’s permission unless you do it for your personal use.
- If any of the above terms are violated, the provider may suspend access by the entire university to the service. Library may make a claim for the damages, report the matter to your school/department or take an appropriate action.
- To prevent unauthorized use of MyWaseda ID and password, please change your password regularly.
MyWaseda User Guide – Changing your Password
Off-Campus Access is available to current Waseda University undergraduate students, graduate students, full-time faculty and staff. You will need your MyWaseda ID and MyWaseda password for authentication.
- Undergraduate Students, Graduate Students (including Non-degree Students)
- Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor, Teacher (Affiliated Senior High School), Research Associate, Instructor, Professor (without tenure), Associate Professor (without tenure), Assistant Professor (without tenure), Professor (tenure-track), Associate Professor (tenure-track), Assistant Professor (tenure-track), Instructor (without tenure), Senior Researcher, Senior Researcher (Professor, Assistant Professor), Researcher (Associate Professor, Assistant Professor), Junior Researcher, Junior Researcher (Assistant Professor), Recipient of Research Fellowship for Young Scientists of the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science（SPD・PD・RPD）, Full-time Staff,Full-time Contract Staff
*Students of Waseda University Senior High School, Waseda University Honjo Senior High School, and Art and Architecture School of Waseda University are not eligible.
*Part-time faculty and staff are not eligible.
If you are unable to login to Off-Campus Access , please contact the Library by email.
E-mail: offcampusaccess(at)list.waseda.jp *Please replace (at) with @ when sending mail.
- Send an e-mail from your Waseda mail address.
- Put “Report Problems: Off-Campus Access” in the subject line.
- Copy and paste the Problem Report Form into the body of your e-mail and fill in the information.
- The answer may be delayed on Saturdays, Sundays, National Holidays, university closing days in summer and year-end & new-year holidays.
- If you cannot login, please check if your Login ID is entered correctly. For more information, please read the instruction on the login page.
Please see “Who is eligible” before contacting us.
Problem Report Form:
**Report Problems: Off-Campus Access **
3. Faculty/Student ID#
4. Your operating system and its version: (Example) Windows 7
5. Your browser and its version: (Example) Internet Explorer 8.0
6. Your location while connecting: (Example) Home, Hotel room
7. Time and Date the problem occurred:
8. Name of the database you were trying to access:
9. Description of problem:
Please describe the problem you experienced (error messages and other details).