In order to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus, we announce measures of Waseda University Library.
Library temporary closure & alternative services (*Updated August 7)
Waseda University Library is taking measures according to the university’s basic policies; to protect the life and health of our students as well as those of our faculty members and staff to the extent possible, to commit providing students with an excellent education, to continue to conduct our research and scholarly work etc. Waseda University Library has resumed our functions gradually, even the libraries have been still closed.
Notice: All the libraries are closed from August 8 (SAT) to 16 (SUN) due to the University summer holidays.
- University ID card holders 【Students including Non-degree course and Art & Architecture School, Faculties, Staff and High School Students】
We are offering Special Entry (*Except high school students) and Delivery service. Please check the announcement on MyWaseda for details.
- Professor Emeritus, Library Card (Green, Blue and Red) holders 【Overseas Researchers, JSPS Research Fellow, Adjunct Researcher, Instructor at the Extension Center, e-School Education Coach, Teaching Assistant & Research Assistant, Honorary Fellow, Researchers or Assistants in the research institutions of Waseda, and etc.】
Please contact us by email regarding to Special Entry and Delivery service.
E-mail Address: info-wul★list.waseda.jp *Please replace (★) with @ when sending mail.
- All library users other than the above
The library services are temporary unavailable. The information will be announced on this WEB page when any changes happen. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Related information: Opening Waseda University Campuses: Plans and Logic
- Please refer to Library Calendars (Library homepage>Library Calendars) for the schedule of each library.
- Please note that we cannot respond to inquiries that are not urgent and inquiries by telephone during the above period.
- Please send urgent inquiries by E-mail to the following address.
info-wul(★)list.waseda.jp *Please replace (★) with @ when sending mail.
・When making an inquiry about a specific library facility or service, please include the name of the Library in your inquiry.
・Please include your school name, school year, or job title, as well as your full name and contact information (email) in your inquiry
Returning books, renewing loan periods and books on hold shelves
Due Dates (Updated 6/17)
- Due dates on and after February 21 (Fri) have been extended. New due dates were announced by emails when extended and you can confirm these by MyLibrary.
- If the book has requests and its due date has not been extended, there is no penalty, suspension of privileges due to the overdue, on you. Please ask a library staff at the circulation desk when you return books. You do not need to contact us for loan overdue.
- In case that due dates are on or before February 20 (Thu), they haven’t been extended. Even in this case, if the due date is within the range that should be considered, there is no penalty, suspension of privileges due to the overdue, on you. Please ask a library staff at the circulation desk when you return books. You do not need to contact us for loan overdue.
- Please ignore overdue notice emails that are generated and sent to you automatically during the closure.
Renewing loan period
- Loan period can be renewed from “My Library”([Menu] at the upper right of WINE>My Library). Please refer to “Renew Library Materials” and “Sign in to WINE” in WINE User’s Guide.
You can return books by mail service or to drop boxes.
- Returning books by mail service
The Book(s) you have borrowed can be returned by mail service (You-pack etc.). But please be advised the return fee is paid by the sender. Also the sender will be responsible for any damage or loss during transport.
*Even if the delay of return processing occurs because of the temporary closure, the user will not be disadvantaged by the reason.
– In Japanese
– In English
Shinjuku-ku Nishiwaseda 1-6-1
Department of Users Support
**Please write “Return Book(s)” on the front side of the package
- Returning books to drop boxes (Updated 6/22)
You can return books to the drop boxes located outside following libraries and student reading rooms when campus gate is open.
Waseda Campus: S.Takata Memorial Research Library where drop box is located in front of 1st floor entrance of Building No.2, each student reading room
Toyama Campus: Toyama Library where drop box is located outside entrance
Nishiwaseda Campus: Science and Engineering Library where drop box is located outside entrance, Science and Engineering Students’ Reading Room (*You can not return books that you borrow from other libraries or other student reading rooms to the drop box of Science and Engineering Students’ Reading Room)
Tokorozawa Campus: Tokorozawa Library where drop box is located outside entrance
*Central Library does not have drop box.
- If you lost the book, please email to t he following address in advance.
libmail(★)list.waseda.jp *Please replace (★) with @ when sending mail.
- Library Online Request Form [Updated 7/23]
* During the following period of time, Library Online Request Form will be temporarily unavailable due to the server maintenance. Further information from here.
Jul.31 (Fri) 17:00 – Aug.17 (Mon) 10:00
・Online Reference [6/22-]
・Inquiry(Check the situation, or change the details of your request) [6/22-]
・Purchase Requests [7/1-]
・ILL (Interlibrary Loans)[7/13-]
The following services are still temporarily suspended.
・ILL (Interlibrary Loans)〈［Off Waseda］Actual Materials and All materials in Honjo Deposit Library〉
・Letter of Introduction
- Click here to know how to use electronic materials and databases from off-campus. [For students studying at home] (Added 4/16)
- Click here for information about e-resources (databases, online journals & e-books).