Waseda University Library
As already announced, from August 3rd to September 30th, 2018, the Central Library will be renovated to enhance Learning Commons areas.
During the renovation period, part of the library facilities will be closed.Meanwhile, we shall do our best to provide continued access to the library collections and ensure that your study and research are not interrupted.
We apologize for any inconvenience, and appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
The Central Library will be temporarily closed on the following days for renovations.
Monday, August 20 Tuesday, August 21 Saturday, August 25 Sunday, August 26
Saturday, September 1 Sunday, September 2 Sunday, September 16 Sunday, September 23
Temporary closed area
In order to give top priority to safety for users, the part of the 2nd floor indicated by gray will be closed during the renovation period.For this reason, movement inside the Library will be greatly limited.
- The staircase from the 2nd floor to the 1st floor (Research Collections Entrance), the grand staircase from the 2nd floor to the 3rd floor, and the 2nd floor elevators will be closed.
- If you need to use floors other than the 2nd floor, please come to the 3rd floor from the emergency staircase behind the grand staircase (indicated by the red asterisk on the map). From the 3rd floor, you can move to the 1st floor (Research Collections Entrance) and to the 4th floor by elevator.
- Facilities outside of temporary closed area will be available as usual. For example, the rest of the 2nd floor reading rooms, bookshelves, and service desks ① to ④ are available. The 3rd, 4th, 1st, and basement floors (Research Collections Area) are also available.
- If you have any concerns about your ability to move to the other floor (such as when you use wheelchair), library staff will be happy to help you. If necessary, we can also fetch materials for you, so please don’t hesitate to consult the Information Desk (TEL: 03-3203-5581).
For using library materials located at the closed area
As a result of the renovation, some materials at the following locations have to be relocated. From August 4th to 10th, patrons will not have direct access to materials shown below. If you wish to use them, please consult the Circulation Desk on the 2nd floor or the Periodicals Desk on the 3rd floor. One of the library staff will fetch the materials for you. If you are unsure whether the material you are looking for is accessible, please do not hesitate to contact the nearest service desk.
【Materials with restricted access】
- Location: A-CENTRAL/2F IPPAN Call number: 一般・**文庫/新書 (Materials at Paperback corner, 2nd floor)->Please ask the Circulation Desk on the 2nd floor. (Period: From August 6th to 10th)
- Location: A-CENTRAL/3F IPPAN LARGE (Materials at Oversized book corner, 3rd floor)->Please ask the Periodicals Desk on the 3rd floor (Period: From August 4th to 10th)
After August 22nd, you will be able to access those materials once again. Please check the changed location using WINE. If you are unable to confirm a new location, please contact your nearest service desk.
Noise inside the Library
Reading rooms outside the closed area are available as usual, but during the renovation period, loud noise may occur in the Library. If you prefer quiet environment, please use any other libraries at Waseda Campus.
From February 1st to March 15th of 2019, the second phase of the renovation is also planned and similar restrictions are expected. Further information will be announced once it is confirmed.