Refer to “Borrowing rules.”
- Please show your Waseda ID card and the book you want to borrow at the service desk on the third floor.
- Return books to the service desk. You can also return books you have borrowed from the Central Library, Campus Libraries, or Student Reading Rooms to any library or reading room. For more details, see “Return Anywhere Service.”
- A book drop box is available on the first floor of Building no. 2.
Please note that:
- Only users qualified to borrow Takata Library books can use the book drop box of Takata Library.
- Books accepted are those borrowed from S. Takata Memorial Research Library, Central Library, Toyama Library, Science and Engineering Library (including Student Reading Room), Tokorozawa Library, and Student Reading Rooms.
- Return procedures will be completed the next business day after books are posted.
The S. Takata Memorial Research Library stores books purchased with the budgets for library materials granted to each graduate school on the Waseda campus. Therefore book purchase requests are restricted to users of the affiliations noted below. Purchase decisions will be made taking into account the budget of each school and according to the library rules. Please note that in deciding whether to buy the materials, the library may share information, such as the requester’s name and the title requested, with faculty members in charge of book selection and/or academic advisors.
Users eligible to make a purchase request
Users eligible to make a purchase request to the S. Takata Memorial Research Library:
- Full-time faculty, including assistant professors and research associates, who belong to the Faculty of Political Science and Economics, the Faculty of Law, the Faculty of Education and Integrated Arts and Sciences, the Faculty of Commerce, or the Faculty of Social Sciences.
- Full-time faculty who belong to the Graduate School of Asia-Pacific Studies should consult the Asia-Pacific Library.
- Graduate students who belong to the Graduate School of Political Science, the Graduate School of Economics, the Graduate School of Public Management, the Waseda Law School, the Graduate School of Education, the Graduate School of Commerce, the Graduate School of Accountancy, the Graduate School of Business and Finance, or the Graduate School of Social Sciences.
- Students who belong to the Graduate School of Law should consult the Graduate School of Law Student Reading Room.
- Students who belong to the Graduate School of Asia-Pacific Studies should consult the Asia-Pacific Library.
How to request
Please apply via the “Library Online Request Form” in “MyWaseda”.
The libraries of each School also accept purchase requests for the Takata Library.
Notice about the Library’s response
- We cannot guarantee that all requested titles will be purchased. In the case that a purchased book is classified as Arts, Language, or Literature, it will be placed in the Central Library.
Please note that foreign books may take several months to arrive.
You can use your own computer for research purposes in designated areas of the S. Takata Memorial Research Library. Please observe the following rules.
Areas for PC use
- Graduate Student Reading Room on the 4th floor (Wired & Wireless Lan available)
- Group Reading Room on the 4th floor (Wired & Wireless Lan available)
- PC Room in the Reading room on the 5th floor (Wired Lan available)
- In order to maintain a quiet environment, please note that PCs and calculators may not be used in the Group Reading Room or the Faculty Reading Room on the 5th floor.
The use of printers or scanners in the Library is not permitted.
You should mute the speaker of your PC. If you need to listen to the sound, please use headphones.