We have just started Laptops & Projectors Lending Service intended to enhance our users support environment for learning and research within the Central Library!
You can borrow laptops and use them for group study, writing essays, and preparing presentations. Mini projectors dedicated for use with smartphones or tablets are also available.
- Undergraduate Students, Graduate Students, Faculty
*Limited to persons who have an ID card issued by Waseda University.
How to Use the Service
- Devices are available for borrowing from the Helpdesk, located on the 2nd floor of the Central Library.
- You can borrow them in exchange for your Student/Staff ID card. While using the device, you won’t be able to use Library services requiring your ID card. When you return the device to the Helpdesk, your ID card will be given back to you.
- Devices are available on a first come, first served basis. Advance reservations for loans are not permitted.
- Please be sure to return the loaned device by 30 minutes before closing.
- Borrowers agree to assume responsibility for borrowed devices. Note that you will be liable for any loss or damage to the loaned device and be responsible for any fees incurred for damages sustained while the device is in your possession. Please do not leave devices unattended.
- Do not take the loaned device out of the Library. Please be sure to return it to the Helpdesk before leaving the Library.
- Any data saved on the loaned laptop and changed settings will be initialized by rebooting. Please be sure to copy your data to your own USB or cloud services before shutting down.
- The loaned laptop can only be used within the Orange or Green Zone (where using computers and other devices are allowed).
- Laptops operate Japanese language OS and are equipped with Japanese keyboards.
- Loaned projectors can only be used within the Active Area.