June 18, 2021
Student Affairs Section
Office Counter Service of Student Affairs Section (Update: June 18, 2021)
Currently, the Student Affairs Section is open with shortened hours. In addition, the declaration of the state of emergency will be lifted, and the use of facilities in the Waseda University Student Center (Building 30, Toyama Campus) will be resumed in phases. Please check the details below.
- In order to reduce the opportunities for students to come to campus, we are continuing to accept applications by mail. We would like to ask for your cooperation in sending applications by mail.
- Please continue to check the Student Affairs Section website frequently, as we will notify you of any changes in the office opening hours depending on the future situation.
- At the back of this notice, you will find “4. Requests for entering the Student Center”. Please observe the following points when entering the building.
1.Student Affairs Section Office
The Student Affairs Section Office is open on shortened hours. The office is opened from 10:00 to 16:00 on weekdays and closed on weekends and holidays.
It is strongly recommended to submit applications by mail and to contact us by e-mail for questions. Please note that it may take a few days for you to receive a reply. Please contact us at [email protected]
2. Medical Fee Reimbursement System, Student Compensation System (Compensation for Injury, Liability Coverage), Seminar House, and Nursery Center for students (Counter No. 2)
<Application for the Medical Fee Reimbursement, etc. from the Student Health Promotion Mutual Aid Association>
- Applications will be accepted during the above office hours, but we recommend that you continue to submit by postal mail. If you are planning to apply for medical benefits, please send your application by mail well in advance so that it arrives by the application deadline. Please check here for the Application deadlines.
- The office does not lend out any stationery, including writing materials. When applying at the office, please be sure to bring a completed application form (downloadable from the website) or b sure to bring a writing utensil.
- Please check the website for details on mailing and make sure that all documents are complete and mail.
- Any changes will be posted on the website as they occur.
- If you have any questions, please send an email to [email protected].
Please note that we may not be able to provide the following services immediately at the office. Please send an email to [email protected] in advance if you wish to have the procedure done in our office.
- Submission of accident notification, etc. for the Student Compensation System (Compensation for Injury)
- Issue a certificate of registration for the Student Compensation Program (Personal Injury Compensation) and the Student Compensation Program (Liability Compensation)
- Application to use the Nursery Center for students
- Seminar House (refund of fees, change of reservation details, etc.)
3.Circle Relations (Counter 3)
*About extracurricular activities
For information on extracurricular activities that can be resumed, please refer to the notice of “On the Phased Resumption of Extracurricular Activities (June 18, 2021)” on the Student Affairs Section website top page.
For submission of documents such as “Application Form for Holding Event/Performance” and “Notification Form for Activities held Off-Campus (including camp/tour)”, if the deadline has passed as of June 18, 2021, please submit the application form as soon as possible. Send to: [email protected]).
＜Lost and Found＞
Lost and found items can be picked up. However, in order to avoid coming to campus as much as possible, please contact [email protected] first to inquire about your lost property. Depending on the date and time of loss, some items may not have been received by the Student Affairs Section, so we recommend that you also contact the “Lost article “.
4.Requests for entering the Student Center
Please observe the following rules when entering the Student Center. If you do not or cannot comply, you may not be allowed to enter.
- Take your temperature at home before coming to the Student Center (If the temperature is 37.5 degrees or higher, do not come to the museum or go out).
- Wear a mask and disinfect your hands when entering the building.
- Act in a way that avoids the “Three Cs” ; Closed spaces with poor ventilation, Crowded places with many people nearby, Close-contact setting such as close-range conversations.
Please be sure to read the “The guideline on using campus and Student Center facilities” below before using the facilities in the Student Center.
-The guideline on using campus and Student Center facilities (*Japanese text only)
<Facilities in the student center etc>.
1)Facilities: Atrium and Lounge on the 2nd floor, Lounge and MTG space on each floor
From June 21 (Mon.), lounges and other shared facilities will be available for use from 8:00 to 20:00. Only a limited desks and seats are available for use. Activities in the corridors and other common spaces in the Student Center will continue to be prohibited.
2)Facilities: Single circle room, Designated circle room for each day of the week, Storage room, Locker room
From June 21 (Mon.), the room will be available from 8:00 to 20:00. Please observe the maximum number of people allowed to enter the circle room, and try to keep your stay as short as possible (maximum of 3 hours per person). The maximum number of people who can use the room is as follows:
Single circle room: 3, Single circle room (B116, B117, B124, B125, B133): 5, Designated circle room for each day of the week: 3, Storage room: 3, Locker room: 3
The Information Center will accept reservations for the use of the facilities in the Student Center during the hours of 8:00 – 20:00 (Facility Available Periods: from the first period to sixth period).
For other details on the procedures for Lending Facilities, please check the Student Affairs Section website below.
As notified in the “On the Phased Resumption of Extracurricular Activities (June 18, 2021)” , extracurricular activities for the purpose of practice in the Student Center will be allowed to resume from June 21 (Mon.). Please note, however, that prior approval from the Student Affairs Section is required for the holding of events and performances. Only events that are delivered online without attracting an audience will be permitted. In order to prevent the spread of the COVID-19, please keep the number of people using the facilities above, and ensure that the distance between users is sufficient (2 meters, if possible).
＜ About the use of the Training Center＞
From June 21 (Mon.), the Training Center will be available during the hours of 10:00 – 19:30 on weekdays and Saturdays, and 12:00 – 19:00 on Sundays and holidays. If you would like to register as a new member, or your registration period has expired during the period of suspension of use of the facilities in the Student Center, please complete the procedures at the Training Center counter on the 2nd basement floor of the Student Center. For details on registration procedures, please check the Student Affairs Section website below.
*the Student Affairs Section website (the training center)