Master’s Thesis Research Plan
September Completion：March in the same year
March Completion：September in the previous year
Who to submit
*The contents, deadline, and other details regarding submission should be confirmed with supervisor in advance to the designated deadline.
Download from here (Approx 3 pages. A4)
Eligibility to submit MA thesis
- Those who obtained/are expected to obtain the designated 22 credits
- Those who have submitted MA thesis research plan
Master’s Thesis Examiners
Master’s thesis examiners: one chief examiner and two deputy-examiners.
Criteria for Master’s Theses at the Graduate School of Asia-Pacific Studies
- Originality and insightfulness of perspective, methodology, content, and conclusion
- Appropriateness and importance of thesis topic
- Appropriateness of structure of thesis for addressing the thesis topic
- Effective use of existing research and contribution to the field
- Appropriate substantiation of data and materials
- Strength and persuasiveness of argumentation in the development of the thesis
- Accurateness, appropriateness and completeness in the use of terminology and concepts
- Clarity and accurateness of language
- Accurateness, appropriateness, and completeness of quotations, citations, use of materials and structure of the bibliography
- Excellence of thesis as a contribution to the fields of Area Studies, International Relations, and/or International Cooperation / Policy Studies
- Consult with your supervisor for details on research plan and thesis submission.
- The annoucement of Master’s thesis examiners’ list and the schedule of oral examination will be notified on the notification board/MyWaseda.
- Thesis and summary will become available in the GSAPS library.
- School Policy on “Plagiarism” in Term Paper and Thesis
Submission Schedule ※Updated on March 22, 2021
See here for the schedule for September 2021 and March 2022 completion.
Submission Deadline ※Updated on March 22,2021
10:00, 23 June, 2021 – 17:00, 25 June 2021 (for those who will complete in September, 2021)
10:00, 11 Jan, 2022 – 17:00, 13 Jan, 2022 (for those who will complete in March, 2022)
Master’s Thesis Writing Guidelines
- In Japanese or English
- A top margin 35mm and a margin of 30mm on all remaining side
Times New Roman
About 8,500 words excluding the title, table of contents, a list of reference and space
Items to be submitted
Upload the following 5 items to Waseda Moodle. Please follow the instructions for Title of file.
1.Thesis PDF:【Title of File】should be your first 8 digits Student ID.
2.Thesis Word:【Title of File】should be your first 8 digits Student ID.
3.Summary PDF:【Title of File】should be your first 8 digits Student ID+“-S”.
4.Summary Word:【Title of File】should be your first 8 digits Student ID+“-S”.
5.Attestation of Authorship: 【Title of File】should be your first 8 digits Student ID+“-A”.
1. Log in Waseda Moodle
2. Click「GSAPS Course for MA Thesis Submission」
3. Find the folder named「202***Completion MA Thesis Submission」Your graduation year and month will be appeared in “***”.
4. Upload the data of your thesis, summary and “Attestation of Authorship” to the appropriate folders respectively
※You can re-update/replace the file by the deadline.
※Confirm well in advance how to prepare the items to submit. In case there are any missing items, your submission will not be accepted. Also, if you fail to follow the submission format requirements, it may affect the evaluation process. It is all students’ responsibility to submit without mistakes.
※Please check with your supervisor if the content and format of the thesis and summary are adequate and appropriate before submission. The schedule for this process defers depending on each zemi, so consult with your supervisor.
※If you have any questions regarding thesis format not indicated this website, please ask your supervisor directly.