Waseda University Nishi-Waseda Building, known as Building No. 19, houses the GSAPS, the Institute of Asia-Pacific Studies (WIAPS). Many people utilize this building: invited researchers and guests conducting research projects, students attending the GSAPS. Courtesy plays a very important role in building management.
|The GSAPS office:
|Building. No. 19:
|8F Common Room:
|8F Library/ Rm.811/812:
9:10- 17:00 (Sat.)
|7F PC Rm.708:
Requests for office work are not accepted when the university is closed; Namely Saturdays during the summer and winter break, Sundays, national holidays and other holidays.
Please check the bulletin board or Website for any changes. Building No. 19 is closed all day on Sundays and holidays.
- Building No.19 does not permit smoking.
- Copying Machines: Prepaid card-operated copying machines are situated in GSAPS library and the Common Room (Rm.810, Bldg. No.19). A copy card (¥1,000) vending machine is located on the 8th floor’s Common Room.
- Public Telephone: Card-operated telephones are on floors 1 and 7, next to the elevators.
- Parking lots: The Building doesn’t have any parking lots. Please refrain from commuting by cars.
- Rest Corner: Floors 6 and 7 are designated as Rest Corner in addition to the Common Room on floor 8. Please use the Rest Corner for resting, dining and drinking, and discussing. Drink vendors are on the same floors. Also please take care to dispose of personal litter properly.
Request for using Facilities
The office allows students to use the classrooms for the purpose of a meeting outside the class upon registration.
If the meeting is held among students, such registaration has to be completed on the day the meeting is to be held.
- Chech the vacancy at the office.
- Complete the application form and submit it to the office.
- Receive the application form with an approval from the office.
- Held the application form on the door during the time, using the facilities.
PC support for GSAPS students
GSAPS is providing computer rooms on 7F (Room 708) and 8F (Room811, Room 812).
GSAPS has “TA” system to support your IT environment such as trouble shooting of common PC / printer / network.
You can find them at 708 PC room or at Asia-Pacific Library (the desk near by copy machine) on the 8th floor. Please report the trouble to “[email protected]”.jp by email, or please ask them directly. (They are not professional for IT, so they cannot clear whole trouble, especially, of your own PC.)
PC room in WASEDA campus
1. Library Hours
- Weekday Hours: 09:10-21:00
- Saturday Hours: 09:10-18:00
For Summer term, vacations and other term breaks, please refer to the bulletin board for details.
Closed: Sundays, National holidays (except April. 29th, December 23rd), Anniversary of the University Founding (October. 21st), Special Summer vacation, Year-end and Start-of-the year weeks, and Saturdays during vacations
- Students, faculty/administrative staff of the Graduate School of Asia-Pacific Studies (GSAPS)
- Students, faculty/administrative staff of the Institute of Asia-Pacific Studies (WIAPS)
- Students of the Graduate School, faculty/administrative staff of the Waseda University, people introduced by other institutions who have a permission from the GSAPS’s authorities
3. Entrance and Exit
Please pass through the designated gate. BDS (Electronic security device) is equipped.
4. Basic Concept of the Library
- We focus on utilization more than preservation of library resources.
- Availability of materials at the Library is considered most important. Therefore, only over-night check-out and week-end check-out are allowed.
- We are making efforts to improve digital resources.
- General books are kept in the Takata Research Library after purchase. Users are also expected to use other libraries such as the Central Library.
- Course-recommended books as listed in the GSAPS syllabus (arranged by the course code, each program, during the term)
- Reference materials
- Newspapers (in the Room 810)
6. Regulations for Using Materials
- Course-recommended books can be checked out. Notices are posted on the bulletin board.
A copy machine is located in the Library and costs 10 yen per copy. A copy card (¥1,000) vending machine is located on the 8th floor’s Common Room.
- Personal computers, either Library computers or one’s own computer, can be used in the Library.
- When requesting materials from the Library, please submit Request Form to the Library Office.
- Request for Takata Library is available also by E-mail ([email protected]). Notices are posted on the bulletin board.
- Speaking, keeping seats, drinking (bottled drinks with lids are allowed), eating, and smoking are not permitted.
- Efficient databases are available also from “Access to Academic Information ” of the Waseda University Library.