The Society of Social Sciences was founded by the School of Social Science, Waseda University in 1982 in order to conduct research in social sciences and other various sciences, to publish the aforementioned research, and to ensure its findings are reflected in educational activities.
The society shall comprise the following members.
- (1)Regular members, being tenured faculty of the Waseda University School of Social Sciences.
- (2)Student members, being students enrolled at the School of Social Sciences or the Graduate School of Social Sciences, Waseda University.
- (3)Research associate members, being research associates at the School of Social Sciences, Waseda University not enrolled in the Graduate School of Social Sciences, Waseda University as students.
- (4)Supporting members, recommended by the chairman of the society and approved by the Board of Trustees.
The Society undertakes the following activities in order to achieve the abovementioned objectives.
- (1)Publishing “Waseda Studies in Social Sciences”, an academic journal, at least once every year.
- (2)Holding workshops and lectures.
- (3)Carrying out other activities deemed necessary in order to achieve the objectives of the Society.