How to request a certificate
Please send the following required documents to the CJL office by e-mail. After sending the documents, we will inform you of the method and amount of remittance.
JLP Current Student Spring.Fall Half year･1year
JLP Alumni, Spring･Fall, Half year･1year
Short-term Japanese Program, Summer･Winter, 3wks･6wks
Bekka Japanese Language Program Student enrolled by AY 2012
- Copy of a valid ID (e.g. driver’s license, passport, or residence card)
* If you are using your “My Number” card as an ID, send in the copy of only the front side. Do not send the copy of the backside with the number.
Payment can only be made by international remittance or IRC (International Reply Coupon). If you wish to pay by IRC, please contact the CJL office and we will guide you through the application process. In principle, credit card payments and bank transfers in Japan are not accepted. Please be noted if you pay by any method other than the specified method, we will not be able to confirm the receipt of your payment and your certificate may be delayed or not issued.
※Bank charges for overseas remittance
(1) You will be responsible for the bank charges from the time you send the money to the time it arrives. The bank charges vary depending on the amount of money transferred and the bank, but can be as much as 5,000 yen.
(2) When the amount of money to be transferred is less than 3,000 yen, there is no bank charge (the charge of the bank that receives the money. The usual fee is 2,500 yen.) However, bank charges other than the receiving bank charge will apply.
(3) When you make a request to the bank for money transfer, please specify “OUR” as the bank charge category. (OUR: The bank’s handling charge and cash on delivery charge will be borne by the receiver.)
※When to send your certificate
Certificates will only be sent once we have received your payment. Please apply as soon as possible as it may take some time for the certificate to be issued. Please note that we do not issue certificates by email or electronic data.
How to send a certificate outside Japan
Certificates will be shipped outside of Japan via EMS (Express Mail Service); alternative shipping methods and rates will be provided for those in areas where EMS is not available. Please contact us before applying for a certificate if you would like to use a different delivery method.
Mailing cost varies with the number of certificates, requirement for proper envelope sealing, using shipping company and destination.