Relationships between South East Asia and Japan are becoming closer. With the objective of developing human resources capable of creating a plurilingual and pluricultural society as proposed by ASEAN,Waseda University will start the AIMS7 Universities Consortium Plurilingual and Pluricultural Program in 2014.
This program will be holding a different screening process from the Spring 2015 Recruitment. The study period is for Fall 2014, and the application period is starting from Friday, April 18th, 13:00～.
Programs and Study Abroad Period
- University of Malaya （September 2014 –February 2015）※Updated on April 29, 2014
- University of Indonesia（September 2014 – January 2015）※Updated on April 21, 2014
- Chulalongkorn University（August 2014 – December 2014）※Updated on April 29, 2014
- Thammasat University （August 2014 – December 2014）※Updated on April 29, 2014
- De La Salle University （September 2014 – December 2014）
- Universiti Brunei Darussalam（August 2014 – December 2014）
Eligibility for Application
- Students enrolled at Waseda University as regular full-time students
- Students who has not been selected as a candidate for programs starting in Fall 2014.
- Students who have been enrolled at Waseda University for at least three semesters prior to the time of departure to the partner university.
How to Register
The registration process for AIMS7 is different from that for other programs. Therefore,AIMS7 applicants cannot apply for any other study abroad programs along with AIMS7.
However, applicants for the AIMS7 program are able to select a total of up to 3 universities from among the above 6 partner universities.
- WEB Application Registration (Fri, April 18th, 13:00 ～ Thu, May 15th, 00:00)
* Applications must be completed by Wed, May 14th.
- Submission of Application Materials (Thu, May 15th to Fri, May 16th 12:00 ～ 17:00)
* Waseda Global Gate, Building 22, 1st Floor, Waseda Campus
- Interview Examination (Sat, May 17th)
*Details will be announced by Waseda-net mail
- Announcement of Screening Process Results (Fri, May 30th after 13:00)
*For further details, please refer to P.16 or the Application Guide for Spring 2015 Recruitment.
Support and Scholarship
Students participating in the AIMS overseas program are provided with travel expenses (roundtrip airfare) to and from Japan and the overseas country and housing fees. Students meeting specified conditions are also provided with a scholarship (from the Japan Student Services Organization or a Waseda University scholarship).