After passing the Primary Screening held by the Japanese embassy or consulate, candidate who wish to enter our university as a MEXT student needs to apply for the “Letter of Acceptance” from our university.
It is not necessary to contact your desired supervisor beforehand. To apply for the Letter of Acceptance, please send us the following documents by email:
- Completed Information Sheet. Downloadable from here:
- A copy of the “Passing Certificate of the Primary Screening” issued by Japanese embassy/consulate
- Application Form
- Field of Study and Research Plan
- Certificates of transcripts including all certificates of undergraduate level and higher
- Certificates of degrees including all certificates of undergraduate level and higher
- If available, a copy of your certificate of language proficiency, either in Japanese or English (TOEIC, TOEFL, IELTS, etc) depending on in which language you plan to study.
Documents submitted to the Japanese Embassy must have a confirmation seal. Please take note that documents with unclear or illegible letterings and images will not be accepted as application documents.
All application documents must arrive at the Center for International Education no later than 5 pm, Japan time, on August 24(Friday) 2018
- Please note that we are not able to accept requests after the deadline.
- We are not able to process the documents and inquiries during the closed period of our offices from August 11 to 19 for a summer vacation.
For applicants who are not native English speaker but wish to study in English, submission of certificate of English proficiency is in principle necessary. If you have not obtained any certificate of English proficiency, please submit a support letter composed by a professor who can prove your English proficiency. If English is the medium of instruction in your university (meaning that the courses are provided entirely in English), a paper issued by your university proving this point could also serve as a certificate of English proficiency.
Your desired research professor must be affiliated with your desired graduate school. You may check each professor’s affiliation via each graduate school homepage.
The process of the application for Letter of Acceptance usually takes around three weeks, so it is highly recommended that you give yourself plenty of time. The result, whether it is positive or negative, will be sent to the address on the “information sheet”. Please note that we cannot send any results via e-mail.