As part of the launch of its “Global Virtual Classroom Program,” Peking University has announced the following subjects for the Fall 2021 semester.
These classes are available online and can be taken in real time. Therefore, they are available not only to Peking University students but also to students at Waseda and other universities overseas.
“THE CHINESE ECONOMY: Reform and Development”
Mondays, 16:10 – 19:00 (JST) 9/13 – 12/27
“International Development Policy”
Mondays, 16:10 – 19:00 (JST) 9/13 – 12/27
“Doing Business in China”
Tuesdays, 19:40 – 22:30 (JST) 9/14 – 12/7
“China and Africa: Global Encounters in History and Present”
Thursdays, 19:40 – 22:30 (JST) 9/16 – 12/30
For details of content, schedule, day-and-period of the courses, please refer to the syllabus.
Free *These courses are being offered at no cost, however some of the subjects will use textbooks. In this case, participants will be responsible for finding/purchasing their own materials.
【Maximum Class Size】
Small class size *In the event of a high number of applicants, participants will be selected via lottery.
【Language of Instruction】
【Learning Management System】
Please follow the links below to download ClassIn and access the user manual.
【How to Apply】
More information will be provided on this page in a separate announcement in late August.
1. Participants must be enrolled at Waseda University during the Fall 2021 semester.
2. Because these classes will be offered in English, participants must have a certain degree of English proficiency.
1. Please make sure to put a high priority on taking courses within your department . When you apply for the course, please ensure that the workload will not interfere with your research or required courses.
2. Some of the classes will use textbooks. Please make arrangements to purchase/borrow textbooks after checking the syllabus for information regarding learning materials.
3. It is possible that Peking University will have different holidays and vacation periods than Waseda, so please check the syllabus and contact the relevant professor for scheduling information.
4. Regarding Credit Transfer policy
These classes are not established subjects at Waseda University. Therefore, our Credit Transfer policy for these classes is as follows.
(1)If the participant is enrolled at Waseda University during the Fall 2021 semester but to whom neither 2) nor 3) below apply: upon successful completion of the class, the participant will receive a grade transcript issued by Peking University; however, no credit transfer will be granted by Waseda.
(2)If the participant is enrolled in a Waseda- PKU Double Degree program during the Fall 2021 semester: upon successful completion of the class, the participant will receive a grade transcript issued by Peking University. It is possible for participants to have credits count towards PKU DD program credits only for the following two subjects offered by the School of International Studies at PKU. For more information about the credit transfer process, participants must contact the School of International Studies in advance.
・“International Development Policy”
・“China and Africa: Global Encounters in History and Present”
(3)If the participant is in an overseas study abroad program (EX, CS, departmental agreement, privately funded), including at PKU, during the Fall 2021 semester: upon successful completion of the class, the participant will receive a grade transcript issued by Peking University. However, participants should inquire with the office of their affiliated department about the possibility of credit transfer.
5. Participants are prohibited from unauthorized recording, publically sharing, or broadcasting the class content and materials during the class implementation period. In the event that engaging in these prohibited activities results in an intellectual property infringement claim or dispute, the participant concerned will be held legally responsible.
・For How to Use ClassIn：[email protected]（ClassIn staff residing at Peking University）
・For any other issues：[email protected] (International Office Coordinator ZHOU)
*it may take some time to receive a reply depending on the nature of the inquiry.