Autumn 2021 graduation and entrance ceremoniesFri, Sep 10, 2021
Though typhoon 14 (Tropical Storm Chanthu) is predicted to bring heavy rains from Friday, September 17, the Autumn 2021 graduation ceremonies will still go ahead as planned. In the chance that the ceremonies must be changed due to the typhoon, we will make an announcement on the University homepage. For those who will attend the ceremony in person, please be careful as you make your way to campus. The ceremonies will still be broadcasted online as planned, making attending from home a possible option.
The University will be holding the graduation and entrance ceremonies for all undergraduate and graduate schools in September 2021. For more information on the ceremonies, click on the respective links below.
Note: Please refer to your affiliated school’s homepage for information related to events and ceremonies to be conducted by your school.
- All students attending the ceremony must wear a mask. At the ceremony, maintain social distance to prevent infection.
- As a measure to prevent Covid-19 infection, only graduates and new students are invited to attend the ceremony.
For students interested in attending, you must take your temperature on the day of the ceremony before coming to campus. On the day of the ceremony, students must take their temperature before coming to campus. If you show any signs of infection, such as a fever, you may not attend the ceremony.
- A link will be available to view the ceremonies live online. Graduates/new students who are feeling unwell or do not feel comfortable coming to campus, as well as guardians of graduates/new students, etc., may view the ceremony live online. Please note that we will not be streaming the ceremonies live on campus.
(A link for the live online viewing of the ceremonies will be posted on the websites above)
- Refrain from participating in celebrations that involve eating and drinking (including personal events).
- As measures to prevent infection will take place, entering the venue of the ceremony may take some time. Please arrive at the venue 30 minutes prior to the start of the ceremony.
- Though Japan’s Covid-19 state of emergency will be extended for Tokyo until September 30, Waseda University will still be holding the Autumn 2021 graduation and entrance ceremonies as planned. The University is taking utmost precautions against the spread of Covid-19 as well as limiting the number of in-person attendees to comply with government guidelines.