Waseda has been taking initiatives to create impact. We constantly strive to collaborate with domestic and overseas academic institutions as well as industrial and governmental organizations to bring our research and education qualities to the next level.
- 10 Years Since the Tohoku Earthquake and Tsunami
- 10 years have past since the Tohoku earthquake and tsunami—also known as the Great East Japan Earthquake—struck Japan, taking away the lives of many while destroying numerous homes and buildings. To mark this 10 year knot, the University has created and published a dedicated website that provides an overview of Waseda’s decadal record in research, education and contribution relating to the incident.
- Latest research and commentary on Covid-19
- Covid-19 has become a global pandemic, changing the way we live. As we learn to deal with and overcome challenges in this new normal, here at Waseda, researchers have been actively engaged in the issues and problems brought about by the coronavirus.
- WasedaX (Free online courses from Waseda University)
Waseda University MOOCs
Browse free online courses in a variety of subjects. Waseda University courses found the following URL can be audited free or students can choose to receive a verified certificate for a small fee. Select a course to learn more.
- Waseda Ocean
The “Waseda Goes Global” Plan
The objective of the Waseda Goes Global Plan is to produce 100,000 global leaders within 10 years and rank among the world’s top 100 universities in 18 research areas within 10 years. We are aiming to achieve these two goals by taking the following actions:
- CAMPUS Asia Engage
- CAMPUS Asia ENGAGE is a joint initiative run by Korea University, Peking University and Waseda University. Built on a tripartite theory-research-practice framework, CAMPUS Asia ENGAGE fosters the next generation’s leadership and promotes dialogues and actions to solve conflicts and social issues in East Asia and the world, in an innovative, non-conventional way.