Schedule for Autumn 2021 Graduation Ceremonies (Updated on 9/10/21)Fri, Sep 10, 2021
Though typhoon 14 (Tropical Storm Chanthu) is predicted to bring heavy rains from Friday, September 17, the Autumn 2021 graduation ceremonies will still go ahead as planned. In the chance that the ceremonies must be changed due to the typhoon, we will make an announcement on the University homepage. For those who will attend the ceremony in person, please be careful as you make your way to campus. The ceremonies will still be broadcasted online as planned, making attending from home a possible option.
The Autumn 2021 graduation ceremonies for undergraduate and graduate students will be held in September.
Date & Time: September 18 (Sat) 13:00-14:00 JST
Venue: Waseda Arena, Toyama Campus
(Graduation ceremony for the Graduate School of Information, Production & Systems will be held on Kitakyushu campus)
Livestream URL: https://youtu.be/PZJ6y7zYTPc
MC: English (Japanese subtitles available)
In consideration of preventing the spread of Covid-19, ceremony participation will be limited to graduating students only. We will be asking all participating graduating students to monitor their temperature the day of the ceremony, before leaving their homes. Those with a fever or fever-like symptoms will be unable to participate in-person.
- The entrance ceremonies will be livestreamed online (link above) and we ask the following people to watch the ceremonies online:
- Students, faculty and staff who are feeling unwell
- Students who are not comfortable attending the ceremony in-person
- Family, friends, members of the Waseda community and the general public
- There will not be a public viewing space on-campus to watch the livestream.
- Though Japan’s Covid-19 state of emergency will be extended for Tokyo until September 30, Waseda University will still be holding the Autumn 2021 graduation ceremonies as planned. The University is taking utmost precautions against the spread of Covid-19 as well as limiting the number of in-preson attendees to comply with government guidelines.
- There may be specific instructions from each school about the graduation ceremonies. Kindly check with the respective school’s homepage when in doubt.
- The venue will be open one hour before the ceremony starts. As time is needed for thorough Covid-19 precautions, please arrive 30 minutes prior to the start of the ceremony.
- Temperature check stations will be in effect at the venue’s entrance, and hand sanitization placed for use at locations inside.
- Refrain from participating in celebrations that involve eating and drinking (including personal events).
- Okuma Garden (Waseda campus) is open from 8:00 – 17:00, but closed if it’s raining.
- This year, we will not be setting up signboards with “Waseda University Graduation Ceremony” written on them to avoid creating a crowd.
- New students with support requests, such as visual guidance, sign language interpretation, venue guidance, seat reservation, or considerations for attending with children, please contact the General Affairs Section three weeks before the day of the graduation ceremonies. The University will try to accommodate such requests.
- For more information about the graduation ceremonies, kindly contact the General Affairs Division at [email protected]
- For more information about the events organized by each school, please contact the respective administrative office.