Schedule for Autumn 2021 Entrance Ceremonies (Updated on 9/10/21)Fri, Sep 10, 2021
The Autumn 2021 entrance ceremonies for undergraduate and graduate students will be held in September.
Date & Time: September 21 (Tue) 11:00-11:45 JST
Venue: Waseda Arena, Toyama Campus
(Entrance ceremony for the Graduate School of Information, Production & Systems will be held on Kitakyushu campus)
Livestream URL: https://youtu.be/MeS0vvTwslQ
MC: English (Japanese subtitles available)
In consideration of preventing the spread of Covid-19, ceremony participation will be limited to the new students only. We will be asking all participating new students to monitor their temperature the day of the ceremony, before leaving their homes. Those with a fever or fever-like symptoms will be unable to participate in-person.
- The entrance ceremonies will be livestreamed online (link above) and we ask the following people to watch the ceremonies online:
- Students, faculty and staff who are feeling unwell
- Students who are not comfortable attending the ceremony in-person
- Family, friends, members of the Waseda community and the general public
- There will not be a public viewing space on-campus to watch the livestream.
- Though Japan’s Covid-19 state of emergency will be extended for Tokyo until September 30, Waseda University will still be holding the Autumn 2021 entrance ceremonies as planned. The University is taking utmost precautions against the spread of Covid-19 as well as limiting the number of in-person attendees to comply with government guidelines.
- There may be specific instructions from each school about the entrance ceremonies. Kindly check with the respective school’s homepage when in doubt.
- The venue will be open one hour before the ceremony starts. As time is needed for thorough Covid-19 precautions, please arrive 30 minutes prior to the start of the ceremony.
- Temperature check stations will be in effect at the venue’s entrance, and hand sanitization placed for use at locations inside.
- Refrain from participating in celebrations that involve eating and drinking (including personal events).
- Okuma Garden (Waseda campus) is open from 8:00 – 17:00, but closed if it’s raining.
- This year, we will not be setting up signboards with “Waseda University Entrance Ceremony” written on them to avoid creating a crowd.
- New students with support requests, such as visual guidance, sign language interpretation, venue guidance, seat reservation, or considerations for attending with children, please contact the General Affairs Section three weeks before the day of the entrance ceremonies. The University will try to accommodate such requests.
- For more information about the entrance ceremonies, kindly contact the General Affairs Division at [email protected]
- For more information about the events organized by each school, please contact the respective administrative office.