Faculty members and staff involved in the operation and management of public research funds at Waseda University are required to submit an oath in which they swear to adhere to the rules for using public research funds, based on Article 5 of the Rules for Preventive Measures against Research Misconduct and the Investigation Procedures.
1. Public research funds subject to oath submission
- Publicly-invited research funds centered on competitive funds distributed by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) or independent administrative agencies under the jurisdiction of MEXT (such as Grants-in-Aid for Scientific Research (Kakenhi) and JST Strategic Basic Research Programs)
- Research funds which are allocated by organizations such as government agencies, independent administrative agencies, local public organizations and special government-affiliated corporation
2. Designation of faculty and staff involved in the operation and management of public research funds (faculty and staff who are required to submit an oath)
- Faculty members and researchers (including research assistants) to whom public research funds are allocated
- Vice president(s)
- The head of each department where public research funds are allocated
- The dean or director of each department or office which conducts institutional management of the operation and management of public research funds
- Staff (including temporary staff and affiliated company employees) engaged in institutional management of administrative work related to the operation and management of public research funds (e.g., management of budgets, account settlement, and execution).
- Staff (including temporary staff and affiliated company employees) engaged in clerical work related to public research funds (e.g., ordering, acceptance inspection, accounting procedures input, and approval)
3. Procedure for submission of oath
Please submit a digital oath using the MyWaseda submission form stipulated below.
* At the above URL, the submission form screen will be displayed after you log in to MyWaseda.
* Please submit your oath in accordance with the content specified in the submission form screen.
* Temporary staff and employees of affiliated companies should submit a written oath, rather than using the MyWaseda submission form. For those who need to submit, we will request, through their affiliated company, that they submit (usually around June).
4. Timing of submission of oaths
Persons in charge of administrative procedures will request researchers to submit an oath online: at the time of application for funding in the case of Kakenhi; and, in the case of other public research funds, at the time of conclusion of the research contract.