In accordance with the Rules for Preventive Measures against Research Misconduct and the Investigation Procedures (Article 6-1-1), the University requires that researchers at Waseda take the required research ethics education courses. Instructions on how to take a course and report to Waseda University are given below.
To fulfill the research ethics education requirement, researchers at Waseda University must complete one of research ethics education courses (1) , (2) and (3), described below. The certificate of course completion is treated as valid for 5-academic year(including the course completion academic year).
|(1) [eL CoRE] e-Learning Course on Research Ethics provided by Japan Society for the Promotion of Science
- An English version of this course is available.
- Average completion time: 90 minutes.
- Researchers are required to register to obtain an account by themselves via the following website, so that they can take the course (free of charge).
[eL CoRE] e-Learning Course on Research Ethics
|Please send a pdf version of your certificate of completion to the Research Management Section (send to [email protected]).
|(2) APRIN e-Learning Program’s “Responsible Conduct of Research”e-learning course
- There is an English version.
- Completion time: two to three hours
- If you wish to take this course, please contact the Research Management Section and provide them with the following registration information: your name, affiliation, faculty/staff ID number, and e-mail address (send to [email protected]).
APRIN e-Learning Program
|(3) Course [email protected] “Research ethics” course for researchers
- Completion time: four to five hours
- It is necessary to view all video content and pass the comprehension test.
|There is no need to report the completion of the course since the Research Promotion Division will assemble all course data in one batch.