- Dr. of Engineering (Waseda University)
- My hobbies are soccer, snowboard and BBQ. If you like this, we will enjoy university life together. My research focus is on safe and soft bioelectronics for seamless interfaces between devices and humans. If you are interested in this field, let’s work together.
- WASEDA University Researchers Database
- Miyake laboratory website
- Email : miyake(at)waseda.jp
*Swap “(at)” with “@”
In order to make a biocompatible interface between devices and humans, we have to overcome many problems since the mechanical properties of a device are hard and rigid compared with our soft body. In addition, devices usually control electrons, while the human system controls ions. However, most electronic devices don’t work when wet. So, my research focus is on the electron-ion interface for emerging devices.
- Soft materials for interfacing devices and humans.
- Wet interface devices that make the power from living organism.
- Ion-controlling interface devices for interactive communication with biology.
- Biofuel cell system
- Wearable device
- Implantable device