Graduate School of Information, Production and SystemsWaseda University


Enquiry form for further information, please.

Admissions FAQ

Yes, you do. Fill a valid email address except the one on a mobile. Hotmail ,Gmail and the email in your current school are okay as long as it’s activated. IPS barely phones to, but contacts with an applicant through emails to make sure forms before they are examined.

You can pay the application fee in your country’s currency. Please convert 7,000 Japanese yen(overseas application, including the lifting charge) into your country’s currency and remit it. If your local financial institution charges an additional handling fee, please pay it separately at that end.

Yes, it does. IPS sets school information session and open days several times in a year. Check the schedule in the page. You will prepare a form to join.

Yes, it is. IPS has an auditing service for non-degree students. Non-degree students can register for up to 10 basic subjects (20 credits) for one semester. The limit on the number of enrollment years is one year. However, Master’s or other degrees cannot be earned on that basis. Moreover, it takes a considerable number of acquired credits to receive a visa as a non-degree student. For further details, please contact the IPS Admissions Office.

No, it isn’t. You have one more option, Nishiwaseda Campus (西早稲田), Waseda university in Tokyo. You choose and declare either of them when applying for an examination.

Yes, it is. As long as you like, but you can’t take multiple application categories at the same time.

You have 2 options, AO and General application category. AO is for an applicant who creates self-recommendation letter. General application category does not require it.

In principle, fill everything in the indicated gap on the Form 2 to show your research plan. Any attachment are unacceptable.

Please submit a certificate of expected graduation and an academic transcript of records current at the time of application. Please submit the final certificate at the time of admission.

In the case that you have not presented or published papers nor have any publications, a job description related to your research or desired research would be fine.

The statement of preferences is for reference only, and will not influence your opportunities after admission.

The Admissions Office makes an overall judgment based on the result of the submitted research plan and responses to interview questions.

It is possible to apply if your application is in compliance with the regulations of this university and you are deemed qualified to apply for admission to IPS. For details, please consult the “Qualifications for Application” section of the Admission Guide. If you then have any questions, please inquire with the Admissions Office.

It is possible to apply even if your major at the undergraduate school is different from the research you would like to conduct at IPS.

Campus life FAQ

No, the dormitories are only for international students.
Information about apartments and other lodgings is not provided by the IPS office, but is available in the Coop of the University of Kitakyushu. For details, please inquire below:
University of Kitakyushu, Hibiki Coop
Phone: 093-695-3140 (from overseas: +81-93-695-3140)

You can browse the syllabi on the main Waseda University Website (only in Japanese ).
(Waseda University Website → Students → Lecture content retrieval)

All students are eligible to obtain a Waseda-Net address. With this e-mail address, various services on the Internet are available.

Listed below are the costs we expect international students to encounter during the academic year.     Rent: About 12,500JPY/month(for a dormitory),   Living fee: About 37,500JPY/month–Room utilities, Food expense, Traffic expenses, etc.     Others: About 10,000JPY/month–Entertainment expenses, Books, etc.

Scholarship FAQ

Only international students can enter “the Kitakyushu Science and Research Park Apartment complex for international student” or “Waseda dormitory” in the Kitakyushu Science and Research Park, or a private apartment. Rent is set at 12,500-19,100 per month depending on the resident’s income for the previous year. Water service, utilities, and charges for Internet use are borne by the resident.

An application form is sent to all international students with the notification of acceptance. If you wish to enter the lodgings, please submit your application with the documents necessary for the admission procedure.

If you would like to apply for the Japanese government (Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology) scholarship, please inquire at the Japanese Embassy or Consulate General in your country about details.
For current students, scholarship awards are based on IPS recommendation. Applicants are selected for recommendation from registered students according to academic performance.

There are scholarships provided by private bodies including the Japanese Student Services Organization, and our own university scholarships such as the Okuma Memorial Scholarship and the Ono Azusa Memorial Scholarship. Please see Scholarship Menu.

* “Japanese students” include students of foreign nationally who presently reside in Japan and whose visas’ eligibility status is that of permanent resident or dependent of a permanent resident.

Please refer to recipients results of last year. Note, however, that the number and variety of scholarships and the rate of recipients will differ from year to year.

There is no assurance that it will be granted to all applicants. Students in the upper rankings of post-admission academic performance are the possible candidates in tuition fee reduction program.

Those who wish to be awarded scholarships are required to complete the appropriate procedures for registration. Pertaining to scholarships which require nomination by the university IPS nominates candidates based on their academic performance and financial situation. In each case, applicants are requested to submit an application and necessary documents. (Japanese and permanent resident foreigners only).
In addition to the above-mentioned scholarships, there are scholarships students can directly apply for. In each case, the information is posted on the IPS bulletin board. The information for international students is also posted on the IPS bulletin board and the bulletin board of the Center for International Education (international students only). Applicants must complete the necessary procedures.

Additionally, there are some scholarships which can be applied before admission.
Please see details Scholarship menu.

Course & Curriculum FAQ

Most of the classes at IPS are held in both English and Japanese.

No. Please remit payment into the Waseda University bank account at a bank counter using the application for remittance of tuition and fees.

Textbooks can be bought in the Coop of the University of Kitakyushu in the Kitakyushu Science and Research Park.

In the event that the necessary procedure is completed during the designated period, additions and cancellation of the subjects may be approved.

In the event that the change is deemed just and necessary, it may be approved.

You can take Japanese classes offered in the Science and Research Park after entering IPS. However, there is a separate fee for doing so. Moreover, such classes do not count as IPS credits.

PS has a system for transferring credits with the University of Kitakyushu and Kyushu Institute of Technology in the Kitakyushu Science and Research Park. You can take up to 8 credits at these universities in subjects available under the transfer system.

IPS gives classes from the 1st period (starting at 9:00 am) to the 6th period (from 18:15 to 19:45). A working person should select classes in the 6th period and on Saturdays, and also one or two weekdays. It will be necessary to make out your registration schedule according to the IPS timetable and the curriculum. If you choose to study while continuing to work, your motivation and commitment, and your employer’s understanding, will be essential. Please consider these factors carefully before applying.

Classes are available from Monday to Saturday. The first period starts at 9:00 in the morning. The last period starts at 18:15 and finishes at 19:45.

Page Top
WASEDA University

The Waseda University official website
<<>> doesn't support your system.

Please update to the newest version of your browser and try again.


Suporrted Browser