- Dr. of Engineering (Tohoku University)
- Engineering way of thinking is critical for understanding of the living organisms and progress of the medicine.
Let’s study and work together on unmet medical needs that have not been satisfied yet.
- WASEDA University Researchers Database
- Email : junko.takahashi(at)aoni.waseda.jp
*Swap “(at)” with “@”
Biomedical application of optics and radiation technologies have been intensively studied.
Photodynamic therapy (PDT) and photodynamic diagnosis (PDD) are cancer treatment methods, in which photosensitizers generate Reactive Oxygen Species (ROS) and fluorescence in response to light irradiation. Recently, it has been found that some kinds of organic compounds generate ROS in response to X-ray irradiation. Radiotherapy with such compound having radiosensitizer characteristic is expected to improve therapeutic efficacy of cancers, especially radioresistant cancers, for which sufficient radiotherapy effects were not obtained. Overall, understanding of the physicochemical reactions induced by light or radiation in combination with organic radiosensitizer compounds and the following physiological reactions will lead to the development of new therapeutic methods.
- Biomedical Engineering
- Biological Information Analysis
- Medical Device Technology
- Radiodynamic Therapy
- Photodynamic Therapy