- Dr. of Engineering (Kyushu Institute of Technology)
- Nothing is as valuable as image. One of my hobbies is listening to BGM, and I have now more than 400 CD’s and LP’s.
- WASEDA University Researchers Database
- Kamata laboratory website
- Email : kam(at)waseda.jp
*Swap “(at)” with “@”
There are two main topics in my research since two decades ago:
image processing and pattern recognition. Recently I developed the application to image compression and biometrics such as finger print matching, etc. Since 1995, some related products using my algorithms in image processing have been launched. The keyword is beyond JPEG / MPEG.
New methodologies and their applications in the area of image media research have to be developed forever.
- Image Processing
- Pattern Recognition
- Image Database
- Space Filling Curves and Fractals