Events on campus after August 2Thu, Jul 23, 2020
Events on campus after August 2
Dear Faculty, and Staff,
Since the announcement made on April 14 titled “Third Extension of Suspension Periodfor Preventative Measures Against Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) regarding Events Organized bythe University,” events organized by the University, faculty, or staff were, in principle, to becanceled or postponed until August 1, 2020, even if the campus access restrictions were eased toAlert Level 2 (Please refer to the Guidelines for the Restriction of Activities at Waseda Universityfor details).
Below, we have listed our current policies for events being planned between August 2 andthe end of December. Please note that these policies are based on present assumptions and maychange depending on the situation, such as the number of confirmed cases of individuals infectedwith the novel coronavirus. The same policies will also be implemented for events taking place oncampus with external organizers.
Events to be canceled or postponed
- Events in which many participants are the elderly, who are at higher risk of infection
- Events in which participants may come in close contact with one another
- Meetings that involve eating and/or drinking
- Zemi-gasshuku(i.e. training camps) within and outside the country(Research-relatedgasshukuand fieldwork for graduate students will be permittedon the condition that there will be no meetings that involve eating or drinking)
Precautions to take when holding an event
- If an event can be held online conduct the event virtually as much as possible
For indoor events, the number of participants should be less than half of the full capacity of the event venue. There must also be enough space so that participants can safely distance themselves (2m apart if possible)
- Details on indoor events are as below:
- Because Waseda University is held accountable for events (including indoor events) organized by the University and its faculty/staff, and in such events, many people affiliated to the University are expected to participate, which may have an effect on classes in the fall semester if a COVID-19 infection occurs, the number of participants for indoor events organized by the University and its faculty/staff will be limited to less than 1/4 of the maximum capacity of the venue, and these indoor events will need to be organized in such a way so that participants can safely distance themselves (2 meters apart if possible), such as seating participants with a space between them as well as behind and in front of them. (Updated on July 28, 2020)
- For indoor events held at Waseda University but organized by an external organization, the number of participants will be limited to less than 1/2 of the maximum capacity of the venue, and these indoor events will need to be organized in such a way so that participants can safely distance themselves (2 meters apart if possible), such as seating participants with a space between them as well as behind and in front of them. (Updated on July 28, 2020)
- Ensure that a safe distance (2m apart if possible) is kept between participants at alltimes
- Please refer to the following guidelines and take the most appropriate preventativemeasures depending on how the event is organized:事業者向けの「東京都感染拡大防止ガイドライン」(Tokyo Metropolitan Government),「新型コロナウイルス感染症を乗り越えるためのロードマップ」(Tokyo Metropolitan Government),事業者向け「東京都感染拡大防止ガイドブック」イベント編(TokyoMetropolitan Government),「業種別ガイドライン」(MEXT)* All references are written in Japanese only
- Please also refer to “Precautions for using classrooms, the International Conference Center, and other facilities at Waseda University” in case of holding events at campus facilities.