As one of its anchor universities, Waseda University’s Double Degree Program in the School of Political Science and Economics is participating in the Asian Future Leaders Scholarship Program (AFLSP).The AFLSP grants scholarships to high calibre Asian students who wish to study abroad within Asia. Under the administration of Bai Xian Asia Institute (BXAI), the AFLSP provides a platform on which students and educational institutions can cultivate lasting relationships based on mutual trust and understanding ‐‐‐ essential tools for building bridges across cultures.
The scholarship amounts to US$28,750 for one academic year. Only undergraduate Double Degree Program students from Partner Universities (National Taiwan University, Korea University, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Peking University, Fudan University, Shanghai Jiao Tong University) are eligible for the scholarship.
Please visit BXAI’s Website for more details.
Bai Xian Asia Institute’s Website: http://www.bxai.org/en-us/
ELIGIBILITY AND SELECTION CRITERIA
Applicants for this scholarship are expected to be nominated students from the partner universities. The selection is conducted by AFLSP Faculty Committee of Waseda University just after the admissions decision, based on merit.
The scholarship recipient must satisfy the following:
- Nationality/region of an Asian country
- High proficiency in English
- Possess strong personal integrity, propensity for international and intercultural understanding , compassion and willingness to serve and demonstrate his/her alignment with BXAI’s mission and vision
- Remain enrolled at the university as a full time student for the duration of participation in the DDP
The scholarship recipient must fulfill the following:
- Participate in the BXAI Summer Program organized by BXAI
- Participate in the Asian Future Leaders Program seminar
- Participate in enrichment activities such as study trips, social gatherings, etc.
Contact us for more information at: email@example.com