“Ikebana” is the traditional Japanese art of flower arrangement.
For this Ikebana event, a teacher from the “Sogetsu School” of Ikebana will give an Ikebana demonstration followed by a workshop, where you can try making your own Ikebana.
Not only you can see and learn the skills from the professional teacher, but you’ll be able to take the flowers home!
It is one of the few offline events which will be held in this semester.
It might be your new hobby for your home time.
It is a great chance to make new friends especially for new students.
Don’t miss it! We’ll be waiting for you!
Date & Time
Oct. 30th, 2020 (Fri) 4:30 – 6:00pm (Doors open: 4:15pm)
1st Fl., Okuma Garden House (Bldg. 25)
Waseda students only
20 students (A lottery will be held if applicants exceed this capacity)
Required. Please Register via MyWaseda. Click here to register!
October 26th (Mon) , 9:00AM
Keiko YOSHINO (Teacher of the Sogetsu School of Ikebana)
Board Member at Ikebana International Headquarters from 2012-2016.
Worked as the first teacher of Ikebana in “La Maison de la culture du Japon a Paris” and also worked in the OECD Paris ACRA.
She has been engaged as the organizer of the “London Ikebana Exhibition” 7 times and held a Daiwa Foundation Ikebana workshop and Girls Schools Ikebana trial workshop to spread Ikebana to more people.
In “Japanese Year” in Dublin and “Japan Week” in Yemen she introduced Ikebana to people with no experience of it through demonstrations and workshops.She is now the Airbnb Japanese Culture Instructor and currently holds Ikebana events for foreign people.
This event may be cancelled as we monitor the Coronavirus. An announcement will be made in the event of cancellation.
Precautions to Prevent the Spread of the Novel Coronavirus
- We ask that those affected by the following within the previous 14 days refrain from participating in this event:
・Those who have a fever (above 37.5℃ or more than 1 degree above normal) or those experiencing flu-like symptoms and/or those who currently feel unwell (symptoms of fatigue or breathlessness etc.).
・Those who have travelled to countries or regions and/or have been in close contact with residents of these places within the previous 14 days where the government has implemented immigration restrictions or still requires a quarantine period to enter.
・Those who have family members and/or housemates they are living with that have shown symptoms of cold etc.
- We ask that participants please wear a mask at all times. Also, that they observe strict hand disinfection and coughing/sneezing etiquette.
- Regarding trash, please bring your own plastic trash bag with you and use it to keep your trash, please close the bag tightly when it is not being used.
- Please take strict care of your health from 2 weeks before the event right through to the end (regularly check your temperature and be aware of any other symptoms). We also ask that you avoid the 3 Cs (crowds, confined spaces and close contact situations).
- In the event that you have a fever, cough or other symptoms during the event, we ask that you contact a member of staff immediately and that you withdraw from the event.
- In the event that you begin to show symptoms within 2 weeks after the end of the event we ask that you notify us immediately.
- We ask that you follow all instructions on the day from the ICC regarding measures for the prevention of the spread of the Novel Coronavirus.
- Participation in this program may pose health and safety risks. If any of the above occurs, it will be the responsibility of the person concerned.
E-mail: [email protected]