Poster and Application Guidelines (In Japanese. For English, please check the information below. )
Student Staff Leaders (SSL) are the driving force behind the ICC’s events and activities.
By making use of Student Staff Leaders’ own viewpoints, ideas and unique skills, ICC is able to provide diverse opportunities for cross-cultural exchange that meet the needs of current students. The ICC strives to help SSLs develop into leaders capable of functioning in an increasingly global society.
Student Staff Leaders not only plan and manage events and recruit event supporters, but also promote the ICC’s activities by conducting presentations for local and international guests of the university, support the everyday operation of the Center through office work, responding to inquiries, and various other tasks. SSLs are an indispensable feature of the ICC.
Becoming a Student Staff Leader is more than just an ordinary part-time job. Similar to an internship, SSLs are expected to take part in a wide range of duties and as a result gain valuable skills and experiences that will no doubt be of use in future positions after graduation. Why not take the challenge, and help the ICC to fulfill its mission?
The ICC provides opportunities for intercultural exchange between local and international students, faculty & staff, aiming to promote mutual understanding that goes beyond cultural differences. The ICC recruits new student staff who will be engaged in various activities, from planning and coordination of cross-cultural events and programs to the Center’s daily operation including general office work.
1．Outline of Duties
ICC Student Staff Leaders participate actively in the planning, coordination, operation and management of events not only among students, but also among all people gathering at Waseda. SSLs also assist with the smooth operation of the Center and the constant improvement of its activities. Responsibilities of Student Staff Leaders include:
- Planning, coordination, and operation of events and programs
- Receiving and handling visitors to the ICC
- Public relations work, including presentations about the ICC for visitors
- General office work
- Assisting and offering guidance to student volunteers involved in ICC programs
From mid November 2021
Generally 15 ~ 20 hours per week between 10:00am – 6:00pm on weekdays and 10:00am – 5:00pm on Saturdays. SSLs should be able to work at least 15 hours per week.
- Willingness to work as a Student Staff Leader long term, as long as possible during their time at Waseda
- Ability to communicate in both Japanese and English
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
The following are also preferred:
Experience in event poster designing or video editing; language proficiency beyond English and Japanese; experience in general office work; experience in sports (for planning sports events).
5．Personal qualities preferred
The following personal qualities are also welcomed:
Passion, proactive thinking, creativity, ability to concentrate, innovation, patience with simple tasks, presentation know-how, physical resilience
6．Skills Developed through this Position
- Basic office work skills (planning, writing business communications, etc.)
- Event planning & managing skills (drafting plans, negotiating, presenting, facilitating, etc.)
- Publicity skills (writing publicity copy, making posters, etc.)
- Leadership and team-building
- Diversity management
SSLs are also able to develop their professional sense and future vision.
7．Number of Positions Available
1,100 yen/hour (travel costs not be covered)
*For Tokorozawa Campus students, some travel costs will be covered.
ICC Office (Waseda Campus), other (for occasional off-campus events)
10．How to Apply
Download and fill in the following four documents, then submit the electronic files by email to [email protected]
- Resume (履歴書)
- Self-introduction & reason for applying (自己PR書)
- Event Proposal (企画書: You can submit up to three proposals, no page limit. At least one event must use online tools for its activities.)
- Interview Scheduling Sheet (面接日程調査表)
Forms here: https://waseda.box.com/v/icc-ssl-application
11．Student Staff Leader Selection Schedule (subject to change)
- 5:00 pm, October 25 (Mon.) Application deadline
- October 28 (Thu.) Announcement of document screening results (by e-mail)
- November 1, 2 (Mon., Tue.) Online interviews for those who passed the document screening
- November 4 (Thu.) Announcement of final results.
- Work starts from mid November
*Depending on the situation of Novel Coronavirus, the contract period could be delayed.
12．Info Sessions for Student Staff Leader Recruitment
We will hold Info Sessions via Zoom to explain the position of Student Staff Leader in detail. If you wish to attend, please apply from the URL below. The session application deadline will be 9:00am, October 8th (Fri). We highly recommend attending one of these sessions to fully understand the ICC’s mission and work.
Date & Time:
- October 11 (Mon.), 12:20 – 12:50pm (Japanese session)
- October 12 (Tue.), 12:20 – 12:50pm (English session)
- October 14 (Thu.), 12:20 – 12:50pm (Japanese session)
Info Session Registration: https://bit.ly/2XvHCqn
Recorded recruitment Info Sessions will also be available via video streaming. For the video, please check the URL below.
Info Video: https://youtu.be/PbQwtR_ABUs (English)
Waseda University Intercultural Communication Center
Waseda University Bldg. 3 Room 111
1-6-1, Nishi Waseda, Shinjuku-Ku, Tokyo 〒169-8050
TEL: 03-5286-3990 FAX: 03-5286-3991
Email: [email protected]
During terms: 10:00am – 4:00pm, Monday-Friday
During term breaks: 10:00am – 4:00pm, Monday-Friday
*Hours are subject to change depending on the situation of the Novel Coronavirus.