Poster (Will be posted soon)
San’in Region, ranging from Tottori Prefecture and Shimane Prefecture, to Hagi City of Yamaguchi Prefecture, lies behind the Chugoku mountains and faces the the sea of Japan. Thanks to its beautiful nature and centuries of cultural inheritance,
many romantic mythologies, legends and ghost tales remian intact and continue coloring the lives of local peolpe.
Both Tottori Prefecture and Shimane Prefecture are called “the sacred land of MATCH-MAKING”.
There are lots of shrines where you can wish for a good match, for example, Izumo Taisha Shrine, where the most powerful Japanese god of match-making resides; and Hakuto (White Rabbit) Shirine, the cradle of a Japanese divine love story.
Aside from the romantic aspect, breathtaking and instagrammable scenaries like Inasanohama (Beach of Inasa) and Tottori sand dunes, Onsen (Hot spring) streets, fresh seafood like “Matsuba Crab” – the most luxurious taste of winter, are also becoming more and more popular among tourists from all over the world.
Moreover, just by the names of airports there – “Tottori sand dunes Conan Airport” and “Yonago Kitaro Airport”, many people will easily find it an exciting place and full of fun because it is the birthplace of the popular animations “Case Closed (Detective Conan)” and “GeGeGe no Kitaro”.
In this event, we would like to tell you more about the charms of San’in Region!
We have local students from Tottori Prefecture and Shimane Prefecture to guide us in quize games.
And in the ICC original game – “A Virtual Trip to San’in”, participants will work together in groups to clear all the challenges that are inspired by renowned spots in the region. Please note that PRESENTS and SNACKS are also promised!
It is also an excellent chance for freshman students to make friends and build bonds with one another. Please join us!
Date & Time
October 17, 2020 (Sat) 1:30pm-3:30pm (Doors Open: 1:15pm)
Okuma Garden House (Bldg. 25) 1st floor
Waseda Students, Faculty and Staff
English & Japanese
Required. Via MyWaseda.
October 9th (Fri.), 9:00am
Limited to 30 students. A lottery will be held if this limit is exceeded. Successful participants will be notified by email on the day of the application deadline.
1. Introduction presentaions about Tottori Prefecture and Shimane Prefecture
2. Tottori & Shimane Quiz Game
3. A Virtual Trip Game to San’in
4. Mixing Time
Waseda Tottori Student Alumni Association
Alumni Association Office, Shimane Branch
Tottori Prefecture General Affairs Department, Tokyo Headquarters
Shimane Pref. Tokyo Office
This event may be cancelled as we monitor the Coronavirus. An announcement will be made in the event of cancellation.
Precautions to Prevent the Spread of the Novel Coronavirus
1. We ask that those affected by the following refrain from participating in this event:
-Those who have a fever (above 37.5℃ or more than 1 degree above normal) or those experiencing flu-like symptoms and/or those who currently feel unwell (symptoms of fatigue or breathlessness etc.).
-Those who have been quarantined by the government within the past 14 days, those who have recently returned from countries that still require a quarantine period of14 days and/or those who have recently travelled to other regions and/or have been in close contact with residents of other regions.
-Those who have family members and/or housemates they are living with that have shown symptoms of cold etc.
2. We ask that participants please wear a mask at all times. Also that they observe strict hand disinfection and coughing/sneezing etiquette.
3. Please strictly monitor your health beginning 2 weeks before the event until event day (regularly check your temperature and be aware of any other symptoms). We also ask that you avoid the 3 Cs (crowds, confined spaces and close contact situations) and fill in a health check form (we will share this form with you later on).
4. In the event that you have a fever, cough or other symptoms during the event, we ask that you contact a member of staff immediately and that you immediately stop participation.
5. In the event that you begin to show symptoms within 2 weeks after the end of the event , we ask that you notify us immediately.
6. We ask that you follow all instructions on the day from the ICC staff regarding measures for the prevention of the spread of the Novel Coronavirus.
E-mail: [email protected]