Learn more about the hidden and mysterious “Turkic” countries at the “ICC Turk Lunch”.
What is Turkic…?
This is a word you’re probably not used to seeing.
Turkic is used to refer to Turk people or people from Turk ethnicities.
Turk peoples are those of Turk ethnicity that speak Turk languages and who live in the huge region from Europe to places such as the Middle East, Central Asia, China and Northern Siberia.
– Turk people are not only people from Turkey?
– What kind of languages are Turkic languages?
– Where are these “-stan” countries and what are they like?
For those who aren’t sure of the answers to the above questions there is good news!
At this ICC Turk Lunch we have invited Waseda international students from 3 different Turkic countries; Turkey, Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan.
This is a great chance to listen to real stories of people from Turkic countries!
It’s OK if you know nothing about Turkic languages and culture! Come by yourself or bring your friends, everyone is welcome.
Let’s start the new term by learning about countries and languages we didn’t know before!
– Presentation by students from Turkic countries (Turkey, Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan)
– Mixing time: Casual talk about the lifestyle and culture of Turkic countries in small groups
Date & Time
April 24, 2019 (Wed) 12:20pm-12:50pm
ICC Lounge (1F, Bldg 3)
Waseda Students and Staff
Japanese and English
Free (※Please bring your own lunch)
E-mail: [email protected]