teamLab (2001) is an international art collective, an interdisciplinary group of various specialists such as artists, programmers, engineers, CG animators, mathematicians and architects whose collaborative practice seeks to navigate the confluence of art, science, technology, and the natural world.
teamLab has been the subject of numerous exhibitions at venues worldwide, including New York, London, Paris, Singapore, Silicon Valley, Beijing, Taipei and Melbourne among others. The permanent museums teamLab Borderless opened in Odaiba, Tokyo in June 2018, and teamLab Borderless Shanghai in Huangpu District, Shanghai in November 2019. The massive body immersive space teamLab Planets in Toyosu, Tokyo is on view until the end of 2022. The large-scale permanent exhibtion teamLab SuperNaturesoft opened in Macao in June 2020.
Their office is designed with nonconventional ideas to facilitate a creative environment that allows staff with diverse backgrounds to maximize their creativity.
In this ICC Talk Session, Mr. Takeshi Yamada of teamLab will focus on working using cutting edge technology, and discuss the secrets of making creative works of art that appeal to many people.
If you are interested in working in the creative industry, or if you are interested in world class digital art, this is a special opportunity.
We look forward to welcoming you to the event!
*If you need assistance, such as help with entering the venue or special seating arrangements, accommodations etc., please fill in the form below and return it to us to discuss the situation before Dec. 23rd. (Recommended Deadline) We will do our best to accommodate your request.
Date & Time
Jan. 14th, 2021 (Thur.) 7:00 – 8:30pm (Venue opens at 6:45pm）
In a classroom at Waseda campus & Online Streaming (Planned to be via YouTube Live) However, in person participation is limited to 50 Waseda students only.
Waseda Students, Staff and General Public
Japanese（Q&A session in Japanese and English）
Required. Sign-up through MyWaseda.
January 6th (Wed.) at 9:00am
50 people for face-to-face participation (Waseda students only). If joining online, unlimited. (If there are a large number of applications for in-person participation, a lottery will be held. Results will be sent by email on January 8th.)
*If you wish to attend in-person, please obey the Preventative Measures to Limit the Spread of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) written below.
Please note that the format of this event may change depending on future developments relating to COVID-19.
We will inform you of any changes as soon as they are made.
-Preventative Measures to Limit the Spread of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)-
*Only applies to those attending in person
1. We ask that those affected by the following within the previous 14 days refrain from participating in this event:
– Those who have a fever (above 37.5℃ or more than 1 degree above normal) or those experiencing flu-like symptoms and/or those who currently feel unwell (symptoms of fatigue or breathlessness etc.).
– Those who have travelled to countries or regions and/or have been in close con-tact with residents of these places within the previous 14 days where the government has implemented immigration restrictions or still requires a quarantine period to enter.
– Those who have family members and/or housemates they are living with that have shown symptoms of cold etc.
2. We ask that participants please wear a mask at all times. Also, that they observe strict hand disinfection and coughing/sneezing etiquette.
3. Regarding trash, please bring your own plastic trash bag with you and use it to keep your trash, please close the bag tightly when it is not being used.
4. Please take strict care of your health from 2 weeks before the event right through to the end (regularly check your temperature and be aware of any other symptoms). We also ask that you avoid the 3 Cs (crowds, confined spaces and close con-tact situations).
5. In the event that you have a fever, cough or other symptoms during the event, we ask that you contact a member of staff immediately and that you withdraw from the event.
6. In the event that you begin to show symptoms within 2 weeks after the end of the event we ask that you notify us immediately.
7. We ask that you follow all instructions on the day from the ICC regarding measures for the prevention of the spread of the Novel Coronavirus.
8. Participation in this program may pose health and safety risks. If any of the above occurs, it will be the responsibility of the person concerned.
Mr. Takeshi Yamada
In 2013, he joined H.I.S. Co., Ltd. as a new graduate, launched a new inbound division, and worked as the marketing manager at the company’s Swiss subsidiary. He joined teamLab in 2017, becoming recruitment team leader in 2018.
ICC Tel: 03-5286-3990 E-mail: [email protected]