The Student Regular Health Check-up is conducted as follows based on the School Health and Safety Act. All the regular students at Waseda University, including those who enrolled in September 2020, are required to take the Student Regular Health Check-up every year.
The health check-up has two purposes. Firstly, it is for your health maintenance, prevention and early detection of diseases. Secondly it is to prevent the spread of infectious diseases in our school.
Many of you are about to begin your independent life. It is important to acquire the ability to self-manage your health. Let’s start with taking the Health Check-up to know your current health condition.
Please note that you will not be able to obtain the Certificate of Health Check-up which will be required for applying study abroad, job hunting, etc. unless you take the health check-up. It costs time and money to take a health check-up at an off-campus clinic and to obtain a certificate there.
Web Health Survey (Conducted in March), Height, Weight, Eye sight, Blood pressure, Urine analysis, Physical examination, Chest X-ray (New students and those who are instructed by Health support center only), ECG (Instructed students only)
Instructions for taking each inspection are as follows.
1. Web Health Survey
Schedule：March 15 (Mon) 12:00am to 31 (Wed) 12:00nn, 2021
Method for submission：Access the Survey from here URL▹ https://my.waseda.jp/application/detail/application-detail?communityContentLinkId=370990406
- Enter your MyWASEDA ID and password to complete the survey. (The URL will be available on March 15.)
- New students enrolled in 2021 are required to obtain their MyWASEDA ID account before they access the Survey.
2. Student Health Check-up
▹ About inspection items
[Schedule / Venue]
The Health Check-up will be conducted while taking infectious disease prevention measures. Prior reservation is required. The schedule and inspection items are subject to change according to the number of confirmed cases of the COVID-19.
▹See details Here
・Time required for New students: about 1hour, Other students: 30-40 minutes
*Time required may differ depending on the date and time.
・What to bring: Student ID card
*Only for new undergraduate students: Datasheet・Urine sampling device
Note) Please collect urine in advance on the day of the health check-up and bring it to the venue.
・What to wear: Please wear clothes that are easy to put on and take off
We will take every possible measure to lessen the number of students who will take the check-up in the same time slot, however certain number of students will gather at the venue. In this regard, we recommend that you install the COVID-19 contact confirming app in your mobile phone, COCOA.
Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare HP：https://www.mhlw.go.jp/content/10900000/000647649.pdf
■ Before you leave your house check your physical condition as follows:
If you have any of the following conditions, DO NOT take the student health check-up and contact the Health Care Room.
- Have a fever (37.5 degrees Celsius or higher)
- Have symptoms such as coughs, sore throat, dysgeusia (or loss of taste), and diarrhea, etc.
- Have an infectious disease that should be prevented at school (including having close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19).
■ When entering the venue:
- Be sure to wear a mask.
- Before entering the venue, we will check your body temperature, observe your health condition, and disinfect your hands.
- No private talk is allowed inside the venue and you must keep social distance(1.5-2m) with other students.
■ After the student health check-up:
- Be sure to observe your health condition for at least 2weeks.
- If you are infected with COVID-19, please contact your school office and the Health Care Room.
▹ See Here for more detail
3. Electrocardiography (ECG)
▹ See Here for detail
Health Support Center Health Care Room 03-5286-9800 Mondays through Fridays at 9:00～17:00
- Waseda, Toyama campus: Health Care Room 03-5286-9800
- Nishi-Waseda campus: Nishi-Waseda Branch 03-5286-3021
- Tokorozawa campus: Tokorozawa Branch 04-2947-6706
- Kitakyushu campus: Graduate School of Information, Production and Systems 093-692-5017