Dear Incoming Students
In order to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and ensure the well-being of students, parents, faculty, and staff, Waseda University has made the decision that the September 2021 entrance ceremonies, orientations and guidance sessions will be conducted in a different manner.
At the Graduate School of Political Science, we will continue updated incoming students regarding information on events, etc. on this page. We ask for incoming students to check for information regularly.
１．AY2021 Fall Semester Courses
Please access the following links for details regarding AY2021 Fall Semester Courses at GSPS.
２．September Entrance Ceremony
Autumn 2021 entrance ceremonies for undergraduate and graduate students will be held in September.
Date & Time: September 21 (Tue) 11:00-11:45 JST
Venue: Waseda Arena, Toyama Campus
In consideration of preventing the spread of Covid-19, ceremony participation will be limited to the new students only. We will be asking all participating new students to monitor their temperature the day of the ceremony, before leaving their homes. Those with a fever or fever-like symptoms will be unable to participate in-person.
Please access the following links for details. The date and operation of the entrance ceremonies are subject to change in consideration of the current Covid-19 situation.
Announcement regarding September 2021 entrance ceremony
*The Entrance Ceremony hosted by GSPS is canceled. We appreciate your kind understanding.
３．Initial Setup of MyWaseda
In order to conduct the further procedures including course registration, it is necessary for students to finish initial setup of Mywaseda first. The setup is available from September 1*. Please refer to the navigation below and conduct the initial setup asap.
*The student(s) entered by Special Entrance Examination is able to setup from September 15.
４．Course Registration Guidance for New Students
- Course Registration Guidance for New Students: The pre-enrollment course registration guidance has been canceled, however, we would like for students to carefully read through the course registration guidance materials provided in the email will send you by September 13. New students must prepare for the new semester by referring to the guidance materials.
- Advisor Application: Instructions on how to register for advisors will also be in the course registration guidance materials, which will be sent to you by September 13.
- Course Registration: Please refer to the following link for details on AY2021 Fall Semester course registration. Students should also refer to the Study Guide.
Course Registration, Syllabi *TBA
AY 2021 Study Guide *TBA
5．Scholarships for Privately-financed International Students
Please access the following links for details. *TBA
6．Student ID card
Please come to GSPS office to receive your student ID card from 21 September.
You need to bring your examination admission card to get a student ID card. If you do not have your examination admission card, please bring your identification documents (eg. residence card).
If you have submitted ‘Notification of Delay in Submitting Documents’, please bring the documents as well.
We also give you the study guide of GSPS and other important documents for new students, so please kindly come to GSPS office to receive them.
7. Health Check-up *Regular graduate students only
Please access the following links for details.
The Regular Health Check-up for Students enrolled in September 2021
8．GSPS Office opening hours
The office opening hours has been changed because of the COVID-19. Please access the following links for details
[Important] The Office opening hours
The office operating hour during the summer vacation period【July, 31~ Sep, 20】 is as follows. Please note that the office will be closed from August 7 (Sat) to August 16 (Mon).
Notice of The Office Operating Hours during the Summer Vacation Period【July 31 (Sat) ~ September 20(Mon)】
9．New students support
- Support Anywhere : Support Anywhere is designed to help students get the information they need online whenever possible.
- International Student Handbook : Waseda University provides a variety of support services to help international students’ academic and daily lives. This handbook lists the services and programs available at Waseda University for international students, and contains important information on daily life in Japan. Please use this handbook to create a wonderful student life at Waseda.
- Writing Center : The Writing Center is a support organization outside regular class. Undergraduate students, graduate students, and faculty members in the university are free to use the center. Online sessions can only be booked in advance through the web.