Graduate School of Political ScienceWaseda University

For Current Students

Study Abroad

Study Abroad Programs from GSPS

Application for Study Abroad

Students who have been approved of joining a study abroad program offered by CIE or the graduate school (exchange program/double degree program), a privately funded study abroad, or a scholarship funded study abroad, must complete the necessary administrative procedures. Download the Application for Study Abroad form below, and submit the form to the GSPS office.

Note that language training programs are not considered as study abroad programs. Those planning to go on a language training program must follow the administrative procedures for leave of absence.

Study Abroad Programs

Here are our study abroad program based on department level partnerships.
For study abroad programs based on university wide partnerships, please check the Center for International Education website.

Free University, Brussels, Faculty of Social and Political Sciences

Country/Region Belgium (Brussels)
University Free University, Brussels, Faculty of Social and Political Sciences
Program Study Abroad (Exchange)
Eligibility Master’s/Doctoral Students, Undergraduate Students*
*Graduate school students will be prioritized. Since the majority of courses are offered in French, undergraduate students who wish to apply must have a DELF B1 level proficiency in French.
Application Due End of September

Program Information

Start: September
Period:One or two semesters
Language Requirements:TOEFL score of 80 or above
TOEIC score of 800 or above
IELTS score of 6 or above

Application Form

Study Abroad Programs to GSPS

Information for Exchange Students

Approval of Credits

Based on the application from the student, credits earned in advance of  the admission or during the study abroad period can be counted towards the required number of credits for completion. In applying for credit recognition through MyWaseda within the designated period.

Applying through MyWaseda

<Documents necessary for application>

  1. Documents that include details of the contents of the courses (e.g., syllabus)
  2. Academic transcript showing the grades obtained

※Please attach a translation if the documents are in neither Japanese nor English for Items 1 and 2.

No need to use this application form AY 2020 Fall-> Application form for approval of credits


<Application Period for AY 2020 Fall Semester>

September 21st (Mon)10am ~September 28th (Mon)  2020, 5pm

Page Top
WASEDA University

The Waseda University official website
<<>> doesn't support your system.

Please update to the newest version of your browser and try again.


Suporrted Browser