Announcement on the set-up of temperature-check stations, etc. (For Students and the General Public)Fri, Oct 9, 2020
Announcement on the set-up of temperature-check stations, etc.
(For Students and the General Public)
Updated on November 4, 2020
Updated on October 27, 2020
October 9, 2020
Waseda University will be setting up temperature-check stations in the following locations. Please check your temperature at these stations to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus (Covid-19).
When entering the campus, please continue to comply with the precautions below. If you are a Waseda student, please also take the necessary measures, such as filling out and submitting the pre-registration form.
We thank everyone for your understanding and continued cooperation.
1. Locations of temperature-check stations
2. Precautions to take when entering the campus (applies to students only from this point on)
- When entering the university campus, please be sure to take protective measures such as wearing a mask during your commute, while in class, and during your stay on campus, which includes taking the shuttle buses that connect each campus. If you are not taking protective measures, you may be declined from entering the campus (you will be allowed to take off your mask when eating, exercising, etc.).
- If you show any symptoms such as a fever or coughing, or if you are feeling unwell, please refrain from entering the campus or attending in-person classes.
- Please follow the practical examples of the “New Lifestyle,” pay attention to your health, avoid the 3Cs (closed spaces, crowded places, and close-contact settings), and be conscious to take protective measures. (Please see the following links for details on the “New Lifestyle”: https://www.mhlw.go.jp/stf/seisakunitsuite/bunya/0000121431_newlifestyle.html (in Japanese only))
- Avoid being on campus if non-essential and non-urgent. When classes are over, return home in a prompt manner.
- Avoid creating crowded places on campus.
- If you are at high risk of becoming seriously ill when infected with Covid-19 due to an underlying health condition, a chronic illness, etc., consult the Health Support Center as needed.
As protective measures against Covid-19, please comply with the following.
- Health check and pre-registration of major destinations using the application form on MyWaseda
Fill out the pre-registration form which can be found on MyWaseda before coming to campus.
- Covid-19 Contact-Confirming App (COCOA)
We strongly urge you to download and use the COCOA application developed by the Ministry of Heath, Labour and Welfare as a protective measure. If you receive a notice from the app about being in close contact with a Covid-19 infected individual, you will be able to take a PCR test for free.
- Record of your activities
In case you become infected with Covid-19 or are deemed as someone who came in close contact with a Covid-19 infected individual, personnel from the public health center and/or Waseda University will be interviewing you, so please keep a record of your activities such as where you were at what time, who you met for how long, etc. This will be very helpful information in preventing Covid-19 from spreading.