Jordan is a kingdom of beauty, eternal history and fabulous culture located in the heart of the Middle East.
The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan is a parliamentary monarchy of the Middle East. Jordan holds a great number of sightseeing spots with ancient mysterious atmosphere such as the World Heritage Site of Petra, the Dead Sea, Wadi Rum Desert and Jerash. You might not know that the famous Hollywood movie “Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade” and the recent worldwide blockbuster “Aladdin” were actually filmed in Jordan too!
Now at the ICC, we will have an event to introduce Jordanian culture to you!
There will be presentations by the Jordanian embassy introducing the history and culture of Jordan.
After that there will be a short lesson teaching you the Jordanian dialect of Arabic and a small quiz about Jordan in which participants can win rare and luxurious Dead Sea cosmetics!
During the free exchange time, you can indulge yourself in Jordanian culture from three different booths!
– You can taste free Jordanian traditional food and try Arabic coffee.
– You can try on traditional Jordanian clothing and have your photo taken.
– You can have the embassy staff write your name in exotic Arabic letters.
You can’t miss this precious opportunity!
Date & Time
Oct. 8th, 2019 (Tue) 6:15pm-7:45pm (Doors open: 6:00pm)
Okuma Garden House (1F, Bldg 25)
Waseda students, Staff & General public
English and Japanese
1. Presentation by HE Lina Annab, Ambassador of Jordan to Japan
2. Short language lesson of the Jordanian dialect of Arabic by Jordanian Embassy
3. Jordan Quiz
4. Cultural Exchange Cafe Time (with Arabic coffee tasting!)
The Embassy of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan in Tokyo
E-mail: [email protected]