March 18, 2020
Revised April 2, 2020
Revised May 15, 2020
Revised June 5, 2020
Revised August 17, 2020
Health Support Center
Since July, the number of people infected with COVID-19 in Japan has been increasing. Please continue to take precautions such as hand hygiene, wearing a mask etc., for preventing the infection.
＜Prevention Measures and Guide of Consultation＞
Please refer to the following webpage of the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare (MHIW).
＜About Consultation centers for people with potential exposure to COVID-19＞
If you have any of the symptoms which were mentioned in the above webpage, please contact the consultation services offered or introduced by each prefecture. For those who are residing in Tokyo, Saitama and Chiba prefectures, please refer to the following pages for the contact information. For those who are residing in other prefectures, please refer to the following page of “Consultation center for people with potential exposure to COVID-19” (in Japanese).
Saitama prefecture： http://www.pref.saitama.lg.jp/a0701/covid19/gaikoku.html#english
Chiba prefecture： https://www.pref.chiba.lg.jp/kokusai/english/information/residents/newcoronavirus.html
※“Consultation center for people with potential exposure to COVID-19” (in Japanese).
※For those who have any health concerns, please record your health condition on the below and use it for a medical consultation.
＜If diagnosed with COVID-19 or if designated as a COVID-19 positive close contact person＞
First, contact your school office while following the instructions of the medical institution or public health center.「Individual and University Response to a Student Contracting the Novel Coronavirus」
＜About prevention of Novel Coronavirus infection＞
To prevent the spread of novel coronavirus infection, observing the following three basic infection prevention measures in your daily life as a “new normal” are curtail; 1. Keep social distance. 2. Wearing a mask. 3. Hand hygiene and avoid three conditions such as closed spaces, crowded spaces, and close-contact.
- New normal https://www.mhlw.go.jp/stf/seisakunitsuite/bunya/0000121431_newlifestyle.html (in Japanese)
- Keep your surrounding clean https://www.mhlw.go.jp/content/10900000/000645359.pdf (in Japanese)
Also, as the temperature rises, it is necessary to take measures against heatstroke while preventing infection.
- Heat illness Prevention/Countermeasures (Ministry of Environment) https://www.wbgt.env.go.jp/en/doc_prevention.php
- COVID-19 Contact Confirming Application (COCOA) introduced by the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare
Please refer to the following webpage for detail;
【Correspondence of Health Support Center】
Please continue to check the website of the Health Support Center at Waseda University.
Inquiries about Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) (email support only)
Faculty and Staff：[email protected]
- Cabinet Secretariat https://corona.go.jp/
- Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare [MHLW] https://www.mhlw.go.jp/stf/seisakunitsuite/bunya/newpage_00032.html#message
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan Overseas Travel Safety Information https://www.anzen.mofa.go.jp/ (in Japanese)
- Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology [MEXT] https://www.mext.go.jp/
- National Institute of Infectious Disease https://www.niid.go.jp/niid/ja/from-idsc/2482-corona/9305-corona.html