Admission Schedule for April 2022 Entry
(Time of Enrollment for AY 2022 is April ONLY)
(in Japan Standard Time)
|| Online Registration Period *1
|| Sept. 6 ~ Sept. 10, 2021
|| Screening Fee Payment Period *1
|| Application Period *1,2
|| Sept. 6 ~ Sept. 17, 2021
|| Interview Notification Date (if required)
|| Oct. 21, 2021
|| Interview Date (if required)
|| Oct. 23, 2021
|| Announcement of Successful Applicants
|| Oct. 28, 2021
|| Deadline for Enrollment Procedures
|| Middle of Dec., 2021
|| Beginning of April 2022
*1) Step 1, Step 2, and Step 3 are required for the application. If one step is not satisfied within the deadline, your application will not be accepted.
*2) All required application materials should be submitted by postal service and must reach to the school within the deadline.
NOTE: For more details, please refer to the application guidelines.
Application Guidelines for April 2022 Entry
TOEFL/ IELTS/ TOEIC
All applicants who are not native speakers of English or do not have receive a degree from an institute of higher education (university of higher) in English-speaking countries are required to submit English test results.
It takes long time for mail delivery, so please be sure to prepare them as early as possible.
According to their website, the official score reports will be sent to recipients approximately 13 days after your test date. Mail delivery needs more time to reach.
Please refer to the URL below for their test schedule.
According to the website, IELTS score report will be available 13 days after you complete the test.
Please find their test schedule from the URL below.
The official website says that TOEIC score takes 2 to 4 weeks to be sent to recipients.
Please check the test schedule on their website.
The Waseda LL.M. is considerably more affordable than comparable programs in the English-speaking world.
- If you are currently enrolled in, graduated from, completed, or withdrawn from an undergraduate, graduate , or specialized program of Waseda University, you are not required to pay the Admission Fee.
- If you are currently enrolled in or graduated from any school of Waseda University, you are not required to pay 40,000 JPY from Membership Fees (Alumni Association Fee).
- If you are currently enrolled in or graduated from the School of Law, Waseda University, you are not required to pay 2,000 JPY from Membership Fees (Waseda University Academic Society Enrollment Fee).
- For more information of the fee deduction, please refer to the “Guide to Enrollment of Procedures” sent to successful applicants.
Prospective students may qualify for scholarships from Waseda, the Japanese government, and other funding sources. Students will apply for scholarships after entering the school (in April).
1) Is it necessary to contact a professor before applying?
No, it is not necessary for this program.
2) Is a law undergraduate degree necessary?
A law degree (eg. BA in Law, LL.B., JD, etc.) or equivalent legal knowledge and experience is required for admission. If an applicant has no formal law degree, he/she should state his/her equivalent knowledge and experience on a separate sheet and submit it with other application documents.
3) Is September Entry available?
No, only April Entry is available for this program.
4) Can I apply even if I will not have a bachelor’s degree by the date of entrance?
No, the LL.M. is a master program, so a bachelor’s degree or higher is required.
Also, all LL.M. classes start in April and you have to participate from the first orientation scheduled in the beginning of April. Therefore, you have to have a bachelor’s or higher degree before attending classes starting in April.
For more information, please refer to “Applicant Eligibility” on the Application Guidelines.