Restrictions for on-Campus Events After April 1, 2021Wed, Mar 24, 2021
Restrictions for on-Campus Events After April 1, 2021
Dear Faculty and Staff,
Effective April 1, 2021, the new rules for holding on-campus events, including those organized by the University or Waseda faculty/staff as well as external parties, will be as noted below.
When holding an event, we request that the faculty/staff comply with these rules and take the necessary protective measures against Covid-19 infection.
Main changes from the prior rules:
- For events where there is a possibility for people at high risk of serious illness from Covid-19 infection could attend, such as older adults, permission to hold such events will now be granted as long as thorough measures are taken to prevent infection.
- For events organized by the University or the faculty/staff, the maximum number of participants who can attend will now be set to less than half of the maximum capacity of the venue.
The following event must continue to be canceled/postponed
- Events that involve eating and drinking
The new rules for holding on-campus events:
- If there is a possibility for an event to be attended by people at high risk of serious illness from Covid-19 infection, such as those with chronic medical conditions or older adults, take thorough measures to prevent infection.
- Safely distance participants and avoid the 3Cs (closed spaces with poor ventilation; crowded places; and close-contact settings).
- Check for Covid-19 symptoms among participants. Do not allow people who show signs of Covid-19 infection, such as a fever or a loss of taste, to participate.
- For indoor on-campus events, including those organized by the University or the faculty/staff as well as external parties, the maximum number of participants who can attend needs to be set to less than half of the maximum capacity of the venue.
- In principle, no eating or drinking will be allowed during an event. However, if having meals become necessary, avoid conversations during meals and finish eating as quickly as possible. Drinking will be allowed. When cleaning up afterward, take thorough measures to prevent infection.
- If an event can be held online, hold virtual events as much as possible.
Depending on situations regarding the state of society, the government’s response policy, and Covid-19 infection, changes to the rules mentioned above may be made as appropriate.
Thank you for your continued cooperation.