Announcement on In-Person Entrance Ceremonies for AY2020 Admits (April 3, 2021)Mon, Mar 15, 2021
Announcement on In-Person Entrance Ceremonies for AY 2020 (April and September) Admits
Although entrance ceremonies for all new students admitted to Waseda University in AY2020 (April and September) were held virtually on September 21, 2020, the University has not been able to hold the traditional in-person entrance ceremonies for them at Waseda Arena.
As such, the University has decided to hold in-person entrance ceremonies for AY2020 admits. Please see below for details, and we invite all AY2020 admits to attend.
Saturday, April 3, 2021 at Toyama Arena at Toyama Campus
YouTube Live Streaming: https://youtu.be/w8sTU2KV9FY
*Each ceremony will last for approximately 30 minutes
First Session (Starting at 10:00)
School of Culture, Media and Society; School of Humanities and Social Sciences; School of Human Sciences (including the Internet Degree Program); School of Sport Sciences; Graduate School of Letters, Arts and Sciences; Graduate School of Human Sciences; and Graduate School of Sport Sciences
Second Session (Starting at 12:15)
School of Political Science and Economics; School of Law; School of Social Sciences; Graduate School of Political Science; Graduate School of Economics; Graduate School of Law; Waseda Law School; and Graduate School of Social Sciences
Third Session (Starting at 14:30)
School of Education; School of Commerce; School of International Liberal Studies; Graduate School of Education; Graduate School of Commerce; Graduate School of Accountancy; Graduate School of Business and Finance; Graduate School of Asia-Pacific Studies; Graduate School of Japanese Applied Linguistics; and the Graduate School of International Culture and Communication Studies
Fourth Session (Starting at 16:
School of Fundamental Science and Engineering; School of Creative Science and Engineering; School of Advanced Science and Engineering; Graduate School of Fundamental Science and Engineering; Graduate School of Creative Science and Engineering; Graduate School of Advanced Science and Engineering; Graduate School of Information, Production and Systems*; and the Graduate School of Environment and Energy Engineering
*The entrance ceremony for new students of the Graduate School of Information, Production and Systems will be held at Kitakyushu Science and Research Park.
- Only AY2020 admits are invited to attend the entrance ceremonies in person. For AY2020 admits who plan on attending, you must take your temperature at home before coming to the venue. If you show any signs of Covid-19 infection, such as a fever, you may not attend. We will be streaming the entrance ceremonies live online, so if you are feeling unwell or do not feel comfortable with coming to campus, you may view the ceremonies online.
- Please be informed that we will not be streaming the ceremonies live on campus for guardians and other guests. If they are interested in viewing the ceremony (or ceremonies), they may do so online as well. (A link for the live online streaming of the ceremonies will be posted on this website before the event).
- Refrain from attending any events, including personal ones, that involve eating and drinking.
- As preventative measures will take place, entering the venue may take some time. Please arrive at the venue at least 30 minutes prior to the start of the ceremony.
- Depending on the situation, changes, such as the date or how the ceremonies will be held, may occur (as long as the Covid-19 infection cases do not increase dramatically, we plan on holding the ceremonies even if the state of emergency is extended).
General Affairs Section