Announcement on April 2021 Entrance Ceremonies (Updated on 3/24/21)Mon, Mar 15, 2021
Changes have been made to the schedule for the April 2021 undergraduate and graduate school entrance ceremonies to disperse the number of participants per session. For details, please see below.
The ceremonies will be held on April 1 and 2, 2021. To prevent the novel coronavirus disease infection, only new students will be invited to attend the ceremony. For new students interested in attending, you must take your temperature on the day of the ceremony before coming to campus. If you show any signs of infection, such as a fever, you may not attend the ceremony.
A link will be available to view the ceremonies live online. New students who are feeling unwell or do not feel comfortable coming to campus, as well as guardians of new students, etc., may view the ceremony live online. Please note that we will not be streaming the ceremonies live on campus (find respective URLs to online live streaming below and kindly note that the URLs are different on the two days).
Depending on the situation surrounding the novel coronavirus disease, further changes may be made to the schedule, how the ceremonies will be held, etc.
However, the ceremonies will be held as planned even if the state of emergency is extended unless the situation surrounding Covid-19 worsens.
Schedules for Entrance Ceremonies
Thursday, April 1, 2021 at Waseda Arena, Toyama Campus
YouTube Live Streaming: https://youtu.be/_pdYPzfHxMw
*Each session will last approximately 45 minutes
First Session (Starting at 10:00)
School of Political Science and Economics; School of Law
Second Session (Starting at 13:30)
School of Education; School of Sport Sciences; School of International Liberal Studies
Third Session (Starting at 16:30)
School of Culture, Media and Society; School of Humanities and Social Sciences
Friday, April 2, 2021 at Waseda Arena, Toyama Campus
YouTube Live Streaming: https://youtu.be/Gu44gQTWG08
*Each session will last approximately 45 minutes
Fourth Session (Starting at 10:00)
School of Commerce; School of Social Sciences; School of Human Sciences (including the Online Degree Program)
Fifth Session (Starting at 13:30)
School of Fundamental Science and Engineering; School of Creative Science and Engineering; School of Advanced Science and Engineering
Sixth Session (Starting at 16:30)
All Graduate Schools: Graduate School of Political Science; Graduate School of Economics; Graduate School of Law; Graduate School of Letters, Arts and Sciences; Graduate School of Commerce; Graduate School of Fundamental Science and Engineering; Graduate School of Creative Science and Engineering; Graduate School of Advanced Science and Engineering; Graduate School of Education; Graduate School of Human Sciences; Graduate School of Social Sciences; Graduate School of Sport Sciences; Graduate School of Asia-Pacific Studies; Graduate School of Japanese Applied Linguistics; Graduate School of Information, Production and Systems*, Waseda Law School; Graduate School of Accountancy; Graduate School of Environment and Energy Engineering; Graduate School of International Culture and Communication Studies; Graduate School of Business and Finance
*The entrance ceremony for new students of the Graduate School of Information, Production and Systems will be held at Kitakyushu Science and Research Park.
- Details on the events organized by each undergraduate or graduate school, including whether or not these events will be even held, will be announced on their respective website at the beginning of March 2021.
- Doors to the venue will open an hour before the start of each ceremony. As measures to prevent infection will take place, entering the venue of the ceremony may take some time. Please arrive at the venue 30 minutes prior to the start of the ceremony.
- A thermography camera will be set at the entrance of the venue for body temperature screening. Throughout the venue, alcohol-based hand sanitizers will be set.
- Refrain from participating in celebrations that involve eating and drinking (including personal events).
- This year, we will not be setting up signboards with “Waseda University Entrance Ceremony” written on them to avoid creating a crowd.
- The Okuma Garden will be open from 8:00-17:00 (it will be closed if raining).
- If you need any special assistance to attend the ceremony (e.g. note-taking, sign language interpretation, seating assistance, seat reservations, attending the ceremony with a small child, etc.), please contact the General Affairs Division three weeks in advance regarding your inquiry so that we can try and accommodate your needs.
If you have any questions regarding the entrance ceremonies, please contact the General Affairs Division at [email protected]
If you have any questions regarding events organized by the undergraduate or graduate school, contact the respective undergraduate/graduate school.