Announcement on the September 2020 Entrance CeremonyFri, Jul 31, 2020
Announcement on the September 2020 Entrance Ceremony
At this point in time, the September 2020 entrance ceremony for undergraduate and graduate students is scheduled to be held as follows, given that thorough measures will be taken to prevent the spread of COVID-19 infections. However, taking the COVID-19 situation into account, the final decision on whether the entrance ceremony will be held or not will be announced on the University’s website in early September. Even if the ceremony is going to be held, some changes may be made to the details.
September 2020 Entrance Ceremony
Starting Time: 10:00 AM
Date: Monday, September 21, 2020
Venue: Waseda Arena, Toyama Campus
*For students matriculating in the Graduate School of Information, Production and Systems, the entrance ceremony will be held at the Kitakyushu Science and Research Park’s Conference Center.
- To prevent the spread of COVID-19 infections, participation is limited to new students only.
- For new students, etc. who cannot participate in the ceremony, the University plans on streaming the event live.
- The ceremony will be held in English.
- For events organized by individual undergraduate/graduate schools, refer the respective school’s website.
- Doors are scheduled to be open an hour before the start of the ceremony.
- Staff members will be guiding you to the venue from the entrance of the Toyama Campus. Please follow their instructions. The entire Toyama Campus will be very crowded, so we ask that you refrain from meeting with one another in the venue, anywhere on Toyama Campus, and on sidewalks near the campus.
- Japanese interpretation will be provided as subtitles shown on the screen at the venue. If you would like to make a request for other forms of support, please contact the General Affairs Division two weeks in advance of the entrance ceremony. Please note that we may not be able to meet all requests.
- To avoid creating crowded places on campus, recruitment of new students and any other related activities by student clubs, etc. will be strictly prohibited.
For more information about the entrance ceremony, contact the General Affairs Division at 03-3208-8521.
For more information about events organized by individual undergraduate/graduate schools, refer to the respective school’s website.