Announcement on the September 2020 Graduation CeremoniesFri, Jul 31, 2020
Announcement on the September 2020 Graduation Ceremonies (*March 2020 graduates please read also)
At this point in time, the September 2020 graduation ceremonies for undergraduate and graduate students, as well as for graduates of the Art and Architecture School are scheduled to be held as follows, given that thorough measures will be taken to prevent the spread of COVID-19 infections. However, taking the COVID-19 situation into account, the final decision on whether the graduation ceremony will be held or not will be announced on the University’s website in early September. Even if the ceremony is going to be held, some changes may be made to the details.
September 2020 Graduation Ceremonies
Date: Sunday, September 20, 2020; Venue: Waseda Arena, Toyama Campus
September 2020 Graduation Ceremony for undergraduate and graduate students (Group 1)
Starting time: 10:00
Schools in Group 1: School of Political Science and Economics; School of Law; School of Culture, Media and Society; School of Humanities and Social Sciences; School of Commerce; School of Social Sciences; Graduate School of Political Science; Graduate School of Economics; Graduate School of Law; Graduate School of Letters, Arts and Sciences; Graduate School of Commerce; Graduate School of Social Sciences; Waseda Law School; Graduate School of Accountancy; Graduate School of Business and Finance (Waseda Business School)
September 2020 Graduation Ceremony for undergraduate and graduate students (Group 2)
Starting time: 14:00
Schools in Group 2: School of Education; School of Fundamental Science and Engineering; School of Creative Science and Engineering; School of Advanced Science and Engineering; School of Human Sciences (including the Online Degree Program); School of Sport Sciences; School of International Liberal Studies; Art and Architecture School; Graduate School of Fundamental Science and Engineering; Graduate School of Creative Science and Engineering; Graduate School of Advanced Science and Engineering; Graduate School of Education; Graduate School of Human Sciences; Graduate School of Sport Sciences; Graduate School of Asia-Pacific Studies; Graduate School of Global Information and Telecommunication Studies; Graduate School of Japanese Applied Linguistics; Graduate School of Information, Production and Systems*; Graduate School of Environment and Energy Engineering; Graduate School of International Culture and Communication Studies
*The graduation ceremony for doctoral students and valedictorian/salutatorian of the Master’s degree program of the Graduate School of Information, Production and Systems will be held at Waseda Arena. For other students graduating from the Graduate School of Information, production and Systems, the graduation ceremony will be held at the Kitakyushu Science and Research Park’s Conference Center.
Date: Monday, September 21, 2020; Venue: Waseda Arena, Toyama Campus
March 2020 Graduation Ceremony for all doctoral students
Starting time: 14:00
*This graduation ceremony is for those who earned their doctoral degree between September 26, 2019 – March 5, 2020.
*We will be individually contacting those who are eligible to participate in late August – early September.
Notes for graduating students and their guardians:
- To prevent the spread of COVID-19 infections, participation is limited to graduating students only.
- For graduating students, etc. who cannot participate in the ceremony, the University plans on streaming the event live.
- For events organized by individual undergraduate/graduate schools, refer the respective school’s website.
- Because Waseda Arena is located underground, it will take time for everyone to leave the venue, and the Toyama campus is expected to become crowded. For those of you who will be attending the ceremony in the afternoon (Group 2), please do not come earlier than an hour before the starting time.
- Staff members will be guiding you to the venue from the entrance of the Toyama Campus. The entire Toyama Campus will be very crowded, so we ask that you refrain from meeting with one another in the venue, anywhere on Toyama Campus, and on sidewalks near the campus.
- If you would like to make a special request to attend the ceremony, please contact the General Affairs Division two weeks in advance of the graduation ceremony. Please note that we may not be able to meet all requests.
Notes for graduates of March 2020:
- Graduates of March 2020 will be asked to apply in advance if they wish to participate in the graduation ceremony so that we can have a better understanding of how many people are interested in participating and obtain your contact information in case a COVID-19 infection occurs. If many people are interested in participating, we will be directing some people to simultaneous broadcast venues such as the Okuma Auditorium. We plan on announcing how to apply for attending the graduation ceremony on the University’s website in late August – early September.
- For graduates of March 2020, etc. who cannot participate in the ceremony, the University plans on streaming the event live.
For more information about the graduation ceremonies, contact the General Affairs Division at 03-3208-8521.
For more information about events organized by individual undergraduate/graduate schools, refer to the respective school’s website.