The Waseda Institute for Advanced Study is committed to promoting the university-wide acceptance of leading researchers from other countries as well as to facilitating the production of research results, scholarly exchange with researchers at Waseda, and other such outcomes. For this purpose, the Institute invites as Visiting Researcher recognized researchers who are doing work at the cutting edge of their fields.
1. Recruitment Fields
Fields corresponding to Humanities, Social Science, Natural Science, and Interdisciplinary Research
2. Number of Positions
3. Appointment Status
Visiting Senior Researcher or Visiting Researcher (To sign an Engagement Agreement with the university)
4. Period of Appointment
Appointments are as a rule for a period of 1 month (31days), starting between October 1, 2017 and September 30, 2018
*Stay during the term of classes is preferable.
*Next Recruitment for Visiting Researchers appointed after April 1, 2018 will be announced around July, 2017.
5. Application Qualifications
In principle, researchers who satisfy conditions (1) to (5) below:
- (1) They are tenured researchers (equivalent to professor or associate professor) at their home institutions abroad.
- (2)They have received the recommendation of a tenured faculty from Waseda University.
The recommender is responsible for the collaborative research activities of this Visiting Researcher at Waseda University.
- (3) They have to have remarkable research achievements at an international level.
- (4) Their research topics should preferably be related to research projects or activities being carried on at Waseda University.
- (5) It is desirable that they had never been employed by Waseda University in the past.
- (1) Visiting Researchers should participate in research and education seminars and other activities organized or co-organized by the Waseda Institute for Advanced Study.
- (2) Visiting Researchers should preferably submit papers to international scholarly journals presenting results of research performed during the period of appointment. The papers should clearly state that those results were obtained while the author was in residence at the Institute.
- (3) Visiting Researchers should engage in joint research with researchers who belong to Waseda University.
- (4) Visiting Researchers should provide advice and guidance to young researchers including graduate students in Waseda University.
- (5) Other duties will be determined in prior consultation with the Director of the Waseda Institute for Advanced Study where necessary.
- (1)Remuneration for the fulfillment of duties by the Visiting Researcher (in accordance with Institute regulations)
- (2) Accommodations will be provided (in accordance with Institute regulations)
- (3) Office space will be provided (in Building No. 9, Waseda University)
We do not respond to any inquiries pertaining to the results of the selection.
9. Application Procedures
Please submit the following documents (original copy) using the form provided to the Waseda Institute for Advanced Study.
- （2）Curriculum vitae
- （3）Seminar Plan
- （4）Letter of Recommendation from Waseda University tenured faculty
*Submitted documents will not be used for any other purpose than screening applicants. Application materials will not be returned.
10. Deadline for Application
Please submit application documents (original copy) by Friday, May 19, 2017 (Japan time).
11. Address for Submission of Application Documents
Waseda Institute for Advanced Study
Researcher Employment: Visiting Researcher 2017 (Second Term)
1-6-1 Nishi Waseda, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 169-8050, JAPAN
12. Selection Schedule
- （1）Documentary screening
May and June 2017
Applicants and recommenders will be notified of selection results by e-mail.
- （2）Notification of Results
- （3）Orientation meeting with the recommender in item 9. (4), above.
In or after July 2017
|Form description||Word・Excel file||PDF file|
(and Sample CV)