Dear Waseda University Study Abroad Alumni
Like me, at some point in your past you had the unique experience of studying abroad at Waseda. You may have lived with a host family in Tokyo and commuted to the campus in jam-packed trains. Or, maybe you lived in an apartment and walked to school, to the sound of semi chirping all around. Perhaps now and then you pull out a photo album and reminisce about the life you spent in Nihon. Whatever the case, chances are your time at Waseda became a life-altering event that you think about time and time again.
Your home university is doubtless central to your undergraduate memories and we encourage you to stay loyal to it. But we’d like for you to come home to Waseda as well. For many years Japanese graduates of Waseda’s schools have developed and nurtured alumni chapters (tomonkai) in major cities in the U.S. and abroad. This is the first time, however, that the university is endeavoring to bring into the fold students from the US who have studied abroad at its campuses. We hope that you will take this opportunity to breathe life back into those memories of Waseda by joining the US-Waseda Alumni Network. Here are some of the benefits you may be eligible for once you join the Network:
- Email notifications of special Waseda-related events and news – more locally related Waseda USA information and important news that occur between quarterly newsletters.
- Access to any of our 13 nation-wide Waseda Alumni chapters – possible opportunities to participate in alumni events in your area.
- Resources for those considering studying at Waseda, including information on English-based degree programs, summer study abroad programs, etc. Want to brush up on your Japanese with free self-paced lessons? Try our special online course:
- Access to resources introducing you to researchers at Waseda, their projects at home and abroad.
- Connection with the many Waseda alumni in the US, Japan and beyond. This kind of networking increases opportunities for employment, education, travel and more.
To join the US-Waseda Alumni Network, simply click the link below, and after completing the brief questionnaire press “Subscribe to list” to transmit it directly to WASEDA USA. If you know anyone else who has studied abroad at Waseda, or is just a fan, tell them about us too! Our hope is to create as comprehensive and active a network as possible, sharing news, information and opportunities throughout the Waseda world.