The Center for Positive/Empirical Analysis of Political Economy (Top Global University Project, Waseda University) is hosting an online workshop featuring Professor Elad Segev of Tel Aviv University.
Professor Segev studies the relationship between information and power from cross-national perspectives, focusing on global information flows, country image, Americanization and globalization, international news, information search and search strategies, and the digital divide. He uses data mining and network analysis techniques and explores new methods and applications in the social sciences.
The following materials, which are closely related to the content of the online workshop, are strongly recommended to read through in advance. Please contact Ms. Shibuta at the Tago Atsushi Research Lab (email address below) to obtain the materials as well as the online workshop Zoom link.
- Segev, E. (2020). Textual Network Analysis: Detecting Prevailing Themes and Biases in International News and Social Media. Sociology Compass, 14(4), 1–14. doi:10.1111/SOC4.12780
- Segev, E. (2021). International News Flow in the Digital Age. In Daniela V. Dimitrova (ed.), Global Journalism: Understanding World Media Systems (pp. 17–28). Rowman & Littlefield Publishers.
About the Workshop
- Speaker: Elad Segev (Associate Professor in International Communication and the head of the DAN Department of Communication, Tel Aviv University, Israel）
- Date and Time: Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 16:30-18:00 (JST)
- Format: Zoom meeting (Zoom link and related materials will be available via registration)
- Language: English
- Open to members of Waseda University and the general public, free admission
- Registration: Please contact Ms. Shibuta at the Tago Atsushi Research Lab [email protected] by Tuesday, October 19, 2021.
- Organizer: Atsushi Tago ([email protected]), Professor, Faculty of Political Science and Economics